The Philadelphia Phillies (80-66) bring a four-game losing run into a home contest versus the Toronto Blue Jays (83-64), at 6:45 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Phillies (-110 moneyline odds) have a projected close game with the Blue Jays (also -110 on the moneyline). The Philadelphia Phillies will hand the ball to Kyle Gibson (10-6, 4.45 ERA), who is looking for win No. 11 on the season, and the Blue Jays will counter with Ross Stripling (8-4, 2.94 ERA). The game’s total is set at 8.
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Predictions
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia went 4-3 across the seven games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Philadelphia’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Bookmakers have not installed Toronto as the underdog in any of its last 10 games.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Toronto is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Gibson
- The Phillies have a 19-9-0 record against the spread in Gibson’s starts.
- The Phillies have been the moneyline favorite in 15 of Gibson’s starts this season, and they went 9-6 in those matchups.
- Gibson’s team has compiled a 16-12 record over his 28 starts.
- Gibson has started 28 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
Projected starter: Ross Stripling
- Stripling’s team is 11-10-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 1-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Stripling’s team has won 14 of his 21 starts this season.
- In games Stripling has started this season, the teams are 10-11-0 at hitting the over.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads the Phillies with 39 home runs and 81 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 28th in RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .248 with 27 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Hoskins ranks 19th in homers and 45th in RBI among batters in MLB play.
- J.T. Realmuto is hitting .267 with 23 doubles, five triples, 19 home runs and 41 walks.
- Alec Bohm’s .287 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Bohm has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto with 29 home runs this season. He’s batting .281 with 85 RBI.
- Guerrero is 16th in home runs and 21st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Guerrero brings a 12-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .333 with four doubles, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in runs batted in (89) this season. He’s batting .283 while slugging .476.
- Bichette ranks 36th among batters in the majors in homers, and 17th in RBI.
- George Springer has collected 120 base hits, an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .456 this season.
- Springer takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto in batting average (.295) this season while adding 13 home runs and 59 RBI.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Blue Jays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.