Pablo Lopez aims for his 10th win of the season when the Miami Marlins (61-87) host the Chicago Cubs (62-85) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET.
The Marlins are a home favorite (-153) against the Cubs (+131). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Miami Marlins looking to Lopez (9-10), and Adrian Sampson (2-5) getting the nod for the Chicago Cubs. The over/under for this game is 7.
Marlins vs. Cubs Predictions
Marlins vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami has a 2-4 record across the six games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Marlins and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Miami’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In six games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Chicago has a record of 4-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Chicago has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Marlins vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Pablo López
- The Marlins have a 13-16-0 ATS record in Lopez’s 29 starts with a set spread.
- The Marlins have been the moneyline favorite in 14 of Lopez’s starts this season, and they went 9-5 in those games.
- Lopez’s team is 14-15 in his 29 starts.
- Lopez has had 29 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 18 of those games.
Projected starter: Adrian Sampson
- Sampson’s team is 6-9-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Chicago has a record of 6-5 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Sampson’s team has won seven of his 15 starts this season.
- In Sampson’s 15 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over three times.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas has put up a team-high batting average of .240.
- In MLB, Rojas ranks 252nd in homers and 230th in RBI.
- Garrett Cooper has totaled 49 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Cooper ranks 188th in homers and 137th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Cooper has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jon Berti is hitting .246 with 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 37 walks.
- Joey Wendle has 24 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 14 walks while hitting .262.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 68 while batting .273.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Happ is 76th in home runs and 53rd in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting with a .291 average while slugging nine homers and driving in 49 runs.
- Hoerner currently is 188th in homers and 137th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Hoerner takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom is slugging .422 this season, with a team-high 22 home runs. He’s also collected 59 RBI.
- Christopher Morel has collected 82 hits this season and has an OBP of .309. He’s slugging .428 on the year.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.