The Los Angeles Angels (64-83) and Texas Rangers (63-83) clash on Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Globe Life Field.
The Angels are projected as a tight favorite (-115 moneyline odds) against the Rangers (-105). The Los Angeles Angels will hand the ball to Patrick Sandoval (5-9, 2.99 ERA), who is looking for win No. 6 on the season, and the Rangers will turn to Cole Ragans (0-2, 5.68 ERA). The total for this game is set at 8.5.
Angels vs. Rangers Predictions
Angels vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Angels vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles was named the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only two times in the last 10 games, and won both matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Los Angeles has put together a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Texas has a record of 3-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rangers and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Over its last 10 games, Texas is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Angels vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Patrick Sandoval
- When Sandoval starts, the Angels are 7-17-0 against the spread.
- The Angels have a 7-5 record in Sandoval’s 12 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Sandoval’s team has a 10-14 record in his 24 starts.
- Sandoval’s starts went over the run total 10 times in 24 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Cole Ragans
- Ragans and his team have a record of 3-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Texas has a record of 2-2 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Ragans’ team is 3-3 when he starts this season.
- Out of Ragans’ six starts with a total this season, two have hit the over.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani paces the Angels with 89 runs batted in.
- In MLB, Ohtani ranks eighth in home runs and 17th in RBI.
- Ohtani has safely hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with four doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Mike Trout’s 36 home runs pace his team.
- Trout ranks fifth in homers and 45th in RBI among batters in MLB action.
- Taylor Ward leads the Angels with a .270 batting average.
- Ward takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .444 with a double and three RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 22 doubles, four triples, 15 home runs and 15 walks while batting .275.
- Rengifo heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a double, four home runs and seven RBI.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien has been key for Texas with 23 home runs, 75 RBI and a batting average of .251 this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Semien ranks 39th in homers and 37th in RBI.
- Semien has hit safely in seven games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .364 with five doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven RBI.
- Corey Seager leads Texas in home runs with 31 while driving in 79 runs and slugging .452.
- Seager currently is 12th in homers and 30th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Nate Lowe is batting .308 to lead Texas, while adding 25 homers and 71 runs batted in this season.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in runs batted in (92) this season. He’s batting .251 while slugging .458.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.