The Boston Red Sox (71-75) and Cincinnati Reds (58-89) square off in the first of a two-game series on Tuesday at Great American Ball Park, at 6:40 PM ET. The Red Sox are coming off a series victory over the Royals, and the Reds a series loss to the Cardinals.
The Red Sox are a favorite (-130) against the Reds (+110). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Boston Red Sox looking to Brayan Bello (1-6), and Nick Lodolo (4-6) getting the nod for the Cincinnati Reds. The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Red Sox vs. Reds Predictions
Red Sox vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston went 2-1 over the three games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Red Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Boston has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- The Reds and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Cincinnati is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Red Sox vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Brayan Bello
- The Red Sox have a 3-5-0 record against the spread in Bello’s starts.
- The Red Sox were favored on the moneyline for two Bello starts this season — they split the games.
- Bello’s team has a 1-7 record over his eight starts.
- Bello has had eight starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and two of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Nick Lodolo
- Lodolo’s team is 8-8-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 6-3.
- Lodolo’s team has an 8-8 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Lodolo have an 9-7-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox with 26 home runs and 82 runs batted in.
- Among batters in MLB play, Devers ranks 28th in home runs and 26th in RBI.
- Devers heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, two walks and four RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .316 to pace his team.
- Among all MLB batters, Bogaerts ranks 111th in home runs and 52nd in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has 35 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 39 walks while hitting .281.
- Tommy Pham has 20 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 52 walks while batting .246.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer is batting .258 with 12 home runs and 67 RBI. All three of those stats lead Cincinnati hitters this season.
- In all of MLB, Farmer is 142nd in homers and 54th in RBI.
- Jonathan India has 87 hits and an OBP of .324 to go with a slugging percentage of .390 this season.
- India is 174th in homers and 209th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- India heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .158 with four walks and an RBI.
- Nick Senzel has collected 86 base hits, an OBP of .297 and a slugging percentage of .306 this season.
- TJ Friedl has collected 49 hits this season and has an OBP of .321. He’s slugging .455 on the year.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.