Jorge Mateo will look for his 100th hit of the year (he has 99) when his Baltimore Orioles (76-70) take on the Detroit Tigers (55-91) at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday.
The favored Orioles (-201 moneyline odds to win) take the field at home against the Tigers (+168). The Orioles will give the ball to Austin Voth (5-2) against the Tigers and Joey Wentz (1-2). The game’s over/under is set at 8.
Orioles vs. Tigers Predictions
Orioles vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Orioles vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Baltimore went 3-2 over the five games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Orioles and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Baltimore’s record against the spread is 2-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 4-6 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Tigers and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Detroit has won six of its last 10 games against the spread.
Orioles vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Austin Voth
- The Orioles have gone 10-4-0 ATS in Voth’s 14 starts with a set spread.
- The Orioles won each of Voth’s four starts this season that they were favored on the moneyline.
- Over Voth’s 14 starts, his team is 10-4.
- Voth has started 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in seven of them.
Projected starter: Joey Wentz
- Wentz’s team is 3-1-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Detroit has a record of 2-1 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Wentz’s team has won two of his four starts.
- In games Wentz has started this season, the teams are 2-2-0 at hitting the over.
Orioles Batting Leaders
- Anthony Santander paces the Orioles in home runs (27) and runs batted in (79).
- In MLB action, Santander ranks 25th in home runs and 30th in RBI.
- Cedric Mullins has a club-leading .262 batting average.
- Mullins ranks 111th in homers and 103rd in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Ryan Mountcastle leads the Orioles with 79 runs batted in.
- Austin Hays has 32 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 31 walks while batting .248.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez is batting .242 with 14 home runs and 58 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Detroit hitters this season.
- Baez is 111th in homers and 87th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Baez enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .389 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Harold Castro has collected 100 hits this season and has an OBP of .293. He’s slugging .371 on the year.
- Castro currently is 252nd in home runs and 185th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario is slashing .201/.259/.348 this season for the Tigers.
- Willi Castro is batting .237 with an OBP of .282 and a slugging percentage of .360 this season.
Where To Watch Orioles vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.