The Atlanta Braves (92-55) will attempt to keep a four-game win streak going when they host the Washington Nationals (51-96) at 7:20 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Braves are heavily favored (-323 moneyline odds) when they host the Nationals (+260). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Atlanta Braves looking to Charlie Morton (8-6), and Patrick Corbin (6-18) getting the nod for the Washington Nationals. The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
Braves vs. Nationals Predictions
Braves vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta was the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and finished 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
- Atlanta’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-7 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Washington is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Braves vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Charlie Morton
- When Morton starts, the Braves have gone 11-17-0 against the spread.
- The Braves are 14-11 in Morton’s 25 starts this season with Atlanta as the moneyline favorite.
- In Morton’s 28 starts, his team is 15-13.
- Morton has started 28 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 20 of them.
Projected starter: Patrick Corbin
- Corbin and his team are 9-20-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 16% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-21.
- Corbin’s team is 6-23 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Corbin have a 11-16-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley leads the Braves in home runs (37) and runs batted in (92).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Riley’s home run total ranks third and his RBI tally ranks 12th.
- Riley enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Matt Olson has 42 doubles, 28 home runs and 68 walks while hitting .235.
- Olson ranks 19th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 16th in RBI.
- Dansby Swanson paces the Braves with a .279 batting average.
- Michael Harris II is batting .305 with 26 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 16 walks.
- Harris II brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .158 with a double and two RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas leads Washington in batting average (.253) this season while adding 16 home runs and 50 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Thomas ranks 89th in homers and 131st in RBI.
- Thomas has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has collected 132 hits this season and has an OBP of .313. He’s slugging .323 on the year.
- Hernandez currently ranks 404th in homers and 235th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Hernandez has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a walk and an RBI.
- Luke Voit leads the club in homers (21) and runs batted in (64) this season.
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in runs batted in with 64 while batting .234 with 10 homers.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.