The Temple Owls (1-2) play the UMass Minutemen (1-2) on Saturday, September 24, 2022 at Lincoln Financial Field. The Owls are significant favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 9.5 points. The over/under for the contest is 44.5 points.
Temple vs. UMass Predictions
Temple vs. UMass Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Temple vs. UMass Betting Trends
- Temple has covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-1-0).
- The Owls have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Temple have hit the over once this season.
- Temple has been the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Temple has played as a moneyline favorite of -353 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- UMass has covered the spread one time this season (1-2-0).
- UMass is winless against the spread when it has played as 9.5-point underdogs or more (0-2).
- This year, UMass games have hit the over just once.
- UMass has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- This season, UMass has been at least a +274 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
Temple vs. UMass: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Temple games have not seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 44.5-point over/under.
- This season, two UMass games have ended with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 44.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 28 points per game, 16.5 points fewer than the point total of 44.5 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s point total is 8.8 fewer points than the 53.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- On average, Owls games are on par with the over/under of 44.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 6.3 points separates the average total points bet in Minutemen’s games (50.8 points) and this game’s over/under (44.5 points).
Temple Players to Watch
- The team’s top rusher, Edward Saydee, has carried the ball 35 times for 98 yards (32.7 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Darvon Hubbard has piled up 12 carries for 65 yards (21.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jose Barbon’s team-leading 172 receiving yards (57.3 yards per game) have come on 15 receptions.
- Adonicas Sanders has collected 135 receiving yards (45.0 yards per game), hauling in 13 passes this year.
- Jordan Smith’s six receptions have turned into 105 yards (35.0 ypg) and two touchdowns.
UMass Players to Watch
- This season Ellis Merriweather has piled up 166 yards (55.3 per game) on 48 attempts.
- Cam Sullivan-Brown’s team-high 63 receiving yards (21.0 yards per game) have come on five receptions with one touchdown.
- George Johnson has totaled 59 receiving yards (19.7 yards per game), hauling in seven passes this year.
- Rico Arnold’s three catches have netted him 24 yards (8.0 ypg).
Where To Watch Temple vs. UMass
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.