The Tampa Bay Rays (81-64) and Texas Rangers (63-82) meet on Sunday at 1:10 PM ET at Tropicana Field, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Rangers are an underdog (+164 moneyline odds) when they visit the Rays (-196). The Tampa Bay Rays will give the start to Jeffrey Springs (8-4, 2.41 ERA), who is looking for win No. 9 on the season, and the Rangers will turn to Glenn Otto (6-8, 4.71 ERA). The game’s total is set at 7.
Rays vs. Rangers Predictions
Rays vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay has a 2-2 record over the four games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Tampa Bay’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Texas has a record of 3-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rangers and their opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- Texas has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rays vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jeffrey Springs
- The Rays are 10-11-0 against the spread when Springs starts.
- The Rays have an 11-4 record in Springs’ 15 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Springs’ team has a 15-6 record in his starts this season.
- Springs has had 21 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in four of those matchups.
Projected starter: Glenn Otto
- Otto and his team have a record of 13-10-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 46.7% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 7-8.
- Otto’s team is 11-12 when he starts this season.
- In games Otto has started this season, the teams are 9-13-1 at hitting the over.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz paces the Rays with a .293 batting average.
- Diaz ranks 187th in home runs and 104th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Diaz has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has hit 19 home runs with 79 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Arozarena ranks 61st in home runs and 29th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Harold Ramirez is hitting .309 with 20 doubles, six home runs and 18 walks.
- David Peralta has 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 37 walks while batting .256.
- Peralta has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with three walks and two RBI.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien has been key for Texas with 23 home runs, 75 RBI and a batting average of .251 this season.
- Semien’s home run total ranks 39th in the big leagues, and he is 36th in RBI.
- Semien has hit safely in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .356 with five doubles, a triple, two home runs and eight RBI.
- Corey Seager leads Texas in home runs with 30 while driving in 78 runs and slugging .448.
- Among all major league hitters, Seager is 12th in homers and 33rd in RBI.
- Nate Lowe is batting .310 to lead Texas, while adding 25 homers and 71 runs batted in this season.
- Lowe enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is a key run producer for Texas with a .251 average, 25 homers and 92 RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.