The Tampa Bay Rays (82-64) and Houston Astros (96-51) square off on Monday at 6:40 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Tropicana Field.
The Rays (-119 on the moneyline) and the Astros (-101) will take the field in an expected tight contest. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Tampa Bay Rays looking to Drew Rasmussen (10-5), and Luis Garcia (12-8) getting the nod for the Houston Astros. The over/under for this game is 7.
Rays vs. Astros Predictions
Rays vs. Astros Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Astros Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay was the moneyline favorite in four of its last 10 games, and finished 2-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Sportsbooks have not installed Houston as the underdog in any of its last 10 games.
- The Astros and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Houston has won six of its last 10 games against the spread.
Rays vs. Astros Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Drew Rasmussen
- The Rays have a 15-10-0 record against the spread in Rasmussen’s starts.
- The Rays have been favored on the moneyline in 18 of Rasmussen’s starts this season, and they went 15-3 in those matchups.
- Rasmussen’s team has won 18 of his 25 starts.
- Rasmussen’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 12 of 25 contests.
Projected starter: Luis Garcia
- Garcia’s team is 14-12-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 2-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Garcia’s team is 16-9 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Garcia have a 12-13-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads the Rays with a .295 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB play, Diaz’s home run total ranks 187th and his RBI tally ranks 105th.
- Diaz has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has hit 19 home runs with 79 RBI. Both pace his team.
- Arozarena currently ranks 61st in homers and 30th in RBI in the majors.
- David Peralta has 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 37 walks while batting .253.
- Harold Ramirez is hitting .306 with 20 doubles, six home runs and 18 walks.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .304 this season with 37 home runs, both rank first among Houston hitters.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Alvarez ranks third in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Alvarez brings a nine-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .432 with six doubles, six home runs, seven walks and 11 RBI.
- Alex Bregman has collected 133 hits this season and has an OBP of .376. He’s slugging .468 on the year.
- Bregman ranks 48th in home runs and 20th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Bregman takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .250 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in RBI with 99 while batting .262 with 28 home runs.
- Tucker heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .368 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Jose Altuve has collected 140 hits this season and has an OBP of .376. He’s slugging .504 on the year.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Astros
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.