ACC action features the Syracuse Orange (3-0) meeting the Virginia Cavaliers (2-1) on Friday, September 23, 2022 at the JMA Wireless Dome. The Orange are notable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 9.5 points. An over/under of 54.5 points has been set for the outing.
Syracuse vs. Virginia Predictions
Syracuse vs. Virginia Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Syracuse vs. Virginia Betting Trends
- Syracuse has covered the spread three times this season (3-0-0).
- The Orange have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Syracuse have hit the over twice this season.
- Syracuse has been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Syracuse has played as a moneyline favorite of -376 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Virginia has yet to win a game against the spread this year (0-3-0).
- Games involving Virginia have yet to hit the over once this season.
- Virginia lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Virginia has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +294 odds on them winning this game.
Syracuse vs. Virginia: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Syracuse games have hit the over on this matchup’s 54.5-point over/under twice.
- Virginia has not finished a game this season with a combined score over 54.5 points.
- The total for the contest of 54.5 is 0.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Orange (37 points per game) and the Cavaliers (17.7 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is 19.5 fewer points than the 35 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- This season, the average total for Orange games is 54.8 points, 0.3 more than the over/under of 54.5 points for this contest.
- Cavaliers’ games have a total points bet of 56 points this season, 1.5 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Syracuse Players to Watch
- Garrett Shrader has been a dual threat to lead Syracuse in both passing and rushing. He has 705 passing yards (235 ypg), completing 66.2% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes this season. He’s rushed for 202 yards (67.3 ypg) on 46 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Sean Tucker has carried the ball 66 times for a team-high 252 yards (84 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He has also caught 12 passes for 125 yards (41.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Oronde Gadsden II’s team-high 193 receiving yards (64.3 yards per game) have come on 12 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Devaughn Cooper’s eight catches have yielded 98 yards (32.7 ypg).
Virginia Players to Watch
- Brennan Armstrong has been a dual threat to lead Virginia in both passing and rushing. He has 710 passing yards (236.7 ypg), completing 52.9% of his passes and collecting two touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 150 yards (50 ypg) on 35 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Perris Jones, has carried the ball 37 times for 186 yards (62 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- Keytaon Thompson’s team-leading 235 receiving yards (78.3 yards per game) have come on 18 receptions.
- Lavel Davis has hauled in eight passes for 203 yards (67.7 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Dontayvion Wicks’ 12 receptions are good enough for 155 yards (51.7 ypg).
Where To Watch Syracuse vs. Virginia
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.