The St. Louis Cardinals (87-60) will try to keep a three-game win streak alive when they host the Cincinnati Reds (57-89) at 2:15 PM ET on Sunday.
The Cardinals are heavily favored (-281 moneyline odds) when they host the Reds (+226). The St. Louis Cardinals will hand the ball to Jordan Montgomery (8-4, 3.20 ERA), who is looking for win No. 9 on the season, and the Reds will turn to Luis Cessa (3-3, 5.25 ERA). The total for this game is 8.
Cardinals vs. Reds Predictions
Cardinals vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis was the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- St. Louis has a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and has gone 1-5 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Reds and their opponents are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Cincinnati has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Cardinals vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jordan Montgomery
- The Cardinals are 10-19-0 against the spread when Montgomery starts.
- The Cardinals have been the moneyline favorite in 27 of Montgomery’s starts this season, and they went 15-12 in those games.
- Over Montgomery’s 29 starts, his team is 16-13.
- Montgomery’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 14 of 29 contests.
Projected starter: Luis Cessa
- When Cessa starts, his team is 2-4-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 50% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 2-2.
- Cessa’s team has a 3-3 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Cessa have a 1-5-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals in home runs (35), runs batted in (112) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .322.
- Among all batters in MLB, Goldschmidt’s home run total ranks sixth and his RBI tally ranks third.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .298 with 40 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 47 walks.
- Arenado ranks 16th in home runs and sixth in RBI among batters in baseball.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .271 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 41 walks.
- Edman heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with a walk and an RBI.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .284 with 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 51 walks.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati in home runs with 12, runs batted in with 67 and his batting average of .260 is also best on his team.
- Farmer’s home run total ranks 140th in the big leagues, and he is 53rd in RBI.
- Jonathan India has collected 86 hits this season and has an OBP of .320. He’s slugging .391 on the year.
- India ranks 173rd overall in home runs and 207th in RBI this year.
- India enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .100 with two walks and an RBI.
- Nick Senzel has collected 84 base hits, an OBP of .295 and a slugging percentage of .304 this season.
- TJ Friedl is batting .259 with an OBP of .321 and a slugging percentage of .455 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.