The Seattle Mariners (80-64) are looking for continued power from a slugger on a hot streak against the Los Angeles Angels (63-82) on Sunday at 4:07 PM ET, at Angel Stadium. Julio Rodriguez is currently on a two-game homer streak.
The Mariners are favored (-114) in a projected tight game against the Angels (-105). The starting pitchers are Marco Gonzales (10-13) for the Seattle Mariners, and Reid Detmers (5-5) for the Los Angeles Angels. The game’s total is set at 8.5.
Mariners vs. Angels Predictions
Mariners vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mariners vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Seattle went 2-3 over the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Mariners combined with their opponents to go over the run total four times.
- Seattle’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Los Angeles has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mariners vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Marco Gonzales
- The Mariners have an 18-10-0 record against the spread in Gonzales’ starts.
- The Mariners are 5-2 in Gonzales’ seven starts this season with Seattle as the moneyline favorite.
- Gonzales’ team is 13-15 over his 28 starts.
- Gonzales has started 28 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- Detmers and his team are 13-9-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 6-7.
- In games Detmers has started, his team is 8-14.
- Games started by Detmers have an 11-9-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Rodriguez has put up a team-best batting average of .277.
- Among batters in baseball, Rodriguez ranks 25th in home runs and 41st in RBI.
- Rodriguez has hit safely in seven games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .447 with two doubles, five home runs, six walks and seven RBI.
- Ty France has 23 doubles, 19 home runs and 31 walks while batting .274.
- France ranks 61st in home runs among hitters in MLB and 40th in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has 24 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 57 walks while batting .251.
- Adam Frazier has 19 doubles, four triples, three home runs and 44 walks while batting .238.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in runs batted in with 89 while batting .266.
- Ohtani’s home run total ranks eighth in the big leagues, and he is 16th in RBI.
- Ohtani has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with three doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Mike Trout’s 36 home runs are most among Los Angeles batters. He’s driven in 71 runs this season while slugging .625.
- Trout ranks fourth overall in home runs and 43rd in RBI this season.
- Trout brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .250 with two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .270 to lead Los Angeles, while adding 18 homers and 53 runs batted in this season.
- Ward takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 113 hits and an OBP of .305 to go with a slugging percentage of .440 this season.
Where To Watch Mariners vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.