The New York Mets (92-55) will try to keep a three-game win streak alive when they host the Pittsburgh Pirates (55-91) at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday.
The Mets are big home favorites (-461) versus the Pirates (+353). The New York Mets will hand the ball to Jacob deGrom (5-2, 2.01 ERA), who is looking for win No. 6 on the season, and the Pirates will counter with Johan Oviedo (3-2, 3.34 ERA). The over/under in the game is set at 6.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Pirates Predictions
Mets vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite in each of its last 10 games, and finished 6-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
- New York’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won five of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- Pittsburgh has seven wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Mets vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jacob deGrom
- The Mets have a 3-5-0 ATS record in deGrom’s eight starts that had a set spread.
- The Mets have a 5-3 record in deGrom’s eight starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- deGrom’s team has a 5-3 record in his eight starts.
- deGrom has started eight contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in one of them.
Projected starter: Johan Oviedo
- Oviedo’s team is 1-3-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has been victorious in 25% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 1-3.
- Oviedo’s team has won one of his four starts this season.
- Games started by Oviedo have a 1-3-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets in home runs (35) and runs batted in (114).
- Among hitters in MLB action, Alonso ranks sixth in home runs and second in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 21 doubles, four triples, 24 home runs and 58 walks while hitting .266.
- Among all MLB batters, Lindor ranks 35th in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Lindor enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .190 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .262 with 28 doubles, six triples, 14 home runs and 65 walks.
- Jeff McNeil’s .317 batting average leads his team.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with 23, runs batted in with 54 and his batting average of .257 is also best on his team.
- Reynolds ranks 39th in home runs and 104th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 113 hits and an OBP of .314 to go with a slugging percentage of .350 this season.
- Hayes is 227th in homers and 198th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ben Gamel is slashing .231/.319/.367 this season for the Pirates.
- Michael Chavis has collected 92 hits this season and has an OBP of .273. He’s slugging .404 on the year.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.