In a clash of Big Ten teams, the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-0) will face off against the Michigan State Spartans (2-1) in a matchup on Saturday, September 24, 2022 at Spartan Stadium. The line forecasts must-see action, with Minnesota favored by 1 points. An over/under of 51.5 points has been set for the contest.
Minnesota vs. Michigan State Predictions
Minnesota vs. Michigan State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Minnesota vs. Michigan State Betting Trends
- Minnesota has covered (or pushed) in every game with a spread this season for a 3-0-0 ATS record.
- The Golden Gophers have a perfect 3-0 ATS record when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- This season, Minnesota’s games have hit the over twice.
- Minnesota has been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Minnesota has played as a moneyline favorite of -111 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- Michigan State has covered the spread two times in three games with a set number.
- Michigan State has yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 1-point underdogs (0-1).
- Games involving Michigan State has hit the over once this year.
- Michigan State lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Michigan State has played as an underdog of -109 or more once this season and lost that game.
Minnesota vs. Michigan State: Over/Under Trends
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 51.5 points in a game twice this season.
- This season, two Michigan State games have ended with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 51.5.
- The over/under for the game of 51.5 is 36.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Golden Gophers (49.7 points per game) and the Spartans (38.3 points per game).
- The 23 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 28.5 fewer than the 51.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the Golden Gophers have seen a 52.2 over/under in their games this season, 0.7 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Spartans’ games have a total points bet of 55.7 points this season, 4.2 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Minnesota Players to Watch
- Tanner Morgan has thrown for 618 yards (206.0 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 71.7% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Mohamed Ibrahim has carried the ball 67 times for a team-high 464 yards (154.7 per game), with seven touchdowns this year.
- This season Treyson Potts has rushed for 219 yards (73.0 per game) on 40 carries with three touchdowns.
- Chris Autman-Bell’s team-leading 214 receiving yards (71.3 yards per game) have come on 11 receptions with one touchdown.
- Brevyn Spann-Ford has collected 127 receiving yards (42.3 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in eight passes this year.
- Mike Brown-Stephens’ six catches have netted him 107 yards (35.7 ypg).
Michigan State Players to Watch
- Payton Thorne has thrown for 768 yards (256.0 ypg) to lead Michigan State, completing 63.8% of his passes and recording seven touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 34 rushing yards (11.3 ypg) on 17 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Jalen Berger, has carried the ball 46 times for 254 yards (84.7 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Jarek Broussard has racked up 138 yards (46.0 per game) on 29 carries with two touchdowns.
- Keon Coleman’s 236 receiving yards (78.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has 15 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Tre Mosley has recorded 141 receiving yards (47.0 yards per game) and three touchdowns, hauling in nine passes this year.
- Jayden Reed’s eight receptions are good enough for 107 yards (35.7 ypg).
Where To Watch Minnesota vs. Michigan State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.