The Miami Marlins (60-87) and Chicago Cubs (62-84) square off in the first of a three-game series on Monday at loanDepot park, at 6:40 PM ET. The Marlins are coming off a series defeat to the Nationals, and the Cubs a series loss to the Rockies.
The Cubs (+123 underdog on the moneyline) visit the Marlins (-145). The starting pitchers are Edward Cabrera (5-3) for the Miami Marlins, and Wade Miley (1-0) for the Chicago Cubs. The over/under for this game is 7.
Marlins vs. Cubs Predictions
Marlins vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami went 1-4 over the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Marlins combined with their opponents to go over the total five times.
- Miami has put together a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In five games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Chicago has a record of 4-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over just once.
- Chicago has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Marlins vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Edward Cabrera
- When Cabrera starts, the Marlins are 8-3-0 against the spread.
- The Marlins were favored on the moneyline for two Cabrera starts this season — they won both.
- Cabrera’s team has compiled a 6-5 record in his 11 starts.
- Cabrera has started 11 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in five of them.
Projected starter: Wade Miley
- Miley’s team is 4-2-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Miley’s team has won three of his six starts.
- In Miley’s six starts with a total, the teams have hit the over four times.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas paces the Marlins with a team-best batting average of .235.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Rojas’ home run total ranks 252nd and his RBI tally ranks 233rd.
- Garrett Cooper has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 49 runs batted in.
- Cooper ranks 187th in home runs and 137th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Cooper enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jon Berti is hitting .240 with 15 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 37 walks.
- Joey Wendle is batting .262 with 24 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 14 walks.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 67 while batting .273.
- Happ ranks 74th in homers and 54th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Nico Hoerner’s batting average of .291 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Hoerner ranks 187th overall in homers and 137th in RBI this year.
- Hoerner heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom is slugging .422 this season, with a team-high 22 home runs. He’s also collected 59 RBI.
- Christopher Morel is batting .236 with an OBP of .307 and a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.