The Houston Astros (95-51) will look for continued production from a slugger on a hot streak against the Oakland Athletics (53-93) on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park. Aledmys Diaz is riding a two-game homer streak.
The Astros are heavily favored at home (-373) at the Athletics (+293). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Houston Astros looking to Framber Valdez (15-5), and Ken Waldichuk (0-1) answering the bell for the Oakland Athletics. The total in the game is set at 8 total runs.
Astros vs. Athletics Predictions
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was the moneyline favorite for each of its last 10 games, and finished 8-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over eight times.
- Oakland has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- When Valdez starts, the Astros have gone 17-10-0 against the spread.
- The Astros have a 17-7 record in Valdez’s 24 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Valdez’s team has won 18 of his 27 starts.
- Valdez’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 10 of 27 games.
Projected starter: Ken Waldichuk
- Waldichuk’s team is 1-2-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- He and his team have lost each of the three games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Waldichuk’s team is winless in the three games he’s started this season.
- The teams have hit the over in each of the three games Waldichuk has started this season.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros with 37 home runs and has put up a team-high batting average of .303.
- Among all batters in MLB play, Alvarez’s home run total ranks third and his RBI tally ranks 16th.
- Alvarez brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .405 with four doubles, six home runs, seven walks and seven RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .267 with 36 doubles, 21 home runs and 82 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bregman ranks 47th in home runs and 20th in RBI.
- Kyle Tucker leads the Astros with 99 runs batted in.
- Jose Altuve has 33 doubles, 24 home runs and 59 walks while hitting .284.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy is batting .255 with 65 RBI, both of which are tops among Oakland hitters this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Murphy is 66th in home runs and 62nd in RBI.
- Murphy has hit safely in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a double, a triple, four walks and an RBI.
- Seth Brown’s 23 home runs are most among Oakland batters. He’s driven in 62 runs this season while slugging .453.
- Brown ranks 39th among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 74th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has collected 105 base hits, an OBP of .311 and a slugging percentage of .334 this season.
- Ramon Laureano has 73 hits and an OBP of .287 to go with a slugging percentage of .376 this season.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.