Jorge Mateo will try to get his 100th hit of the year (he has 99) when the Baltimore Orioles (76-69) take on the Detroit Tigers (54-91) at 7:05 PM ET on Monday.
The Tigers are an underdog (+161 on the moneyline to win) when they take on the Orioles (-191). The scheduled starters are Tyler Wells (7-6) for the Baltimore Orioles, and Tyler Alexander (3-10) for the Detroit Tigers. The matchup has an over/under of 8 total runs.
Orioles vs. Tigers Predictions
Orioles vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Orioles vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Baltimore was favored on the moneyline for five of its last 10 games, and went 4-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Orioles and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- Baltimore’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won four of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Tigers and their opponents are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Detroit has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Orioles vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Tyler Wells
- When Wells starts, the Orioles have gone 14-9-0 against the spread.
- The Orioles are 6-1 in Wells’ seven starts this season with Baltimore as the moneyline favorite.
- Wells’ team has an 11-11 record in his starts this season.
- Wells has had 23 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 10 of those outings hit the over.
Projected starter: Tyler Alexander
- Alexander and his team have a record of 2-11-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 1-11.
- Alexander’s team has won one of his 13 starts.
- In games Alexander has started this season, the teams are 2-9-2 at hitting the over.
Orioles Batting Leaders
- Cedric Mullins has accumulated a team-high batting average of .263.
- Mullins ranks 111th in homers and 102nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Anthony Santander has hit 27 home runs with 79 runs batted in. Both pace his team.
- Santander ranks 25th in homers and 30th in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Ryan Mountcastle has put up a team-high 79 runs batted in.
- Austin Hays is hitting .249 with 32 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 30 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in home runs with 14, runs batted in with 58 and his batting average of .241 is also best on his team.
- Among all batters in the majors, Baez ranks 111th in homers and 85th in RBI.
- Baez has hit safely in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is batting .389 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Harold Castro has 100 hits and an OBP of .293 to go with a slugging percentage of .371 this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Castro ranks 252nd in home runs and 183rd in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has collected 79 base hits, an OBP of .259 and a slugging percentage of .348 this season.
- Willi Castro has collected 83 hits this season and has an OBP of .283. He’s slugging .361 on the year.
Where To Watch Orioles vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.