The Texas Rangers (63-81) visit the Tampa Bay Rays (80-64) at 6:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Rangers are an underdog away (+120) versus the Rays (-140). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Tampa Bay Rays looking to Shawn Armstrong (2-2), and Jon Gray (7-6) getting the nod for the Texas Rangers. The over/under in the game is set at 6.5 total runs.
Rays vs. Rangers Predictions
Rays vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay played as the moneyline favorite for four of its last 10 games, and finished 2-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Rays and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Texas has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 4-3 in those contests.
- The Rangers and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Texas has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rays vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shawn Armstrong
- Armstrong has started just one game with a set spread, which the Rays covered.
- The Rays have not been a moneyline favorite when Armstrong starts this season.
- His team lost the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Armstrong’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Jon Gray
- Gray’s team is 13-7-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 7-7 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- In games Gray has started, his team is 10-10.
- Games Gray has started this season hit the over 12 times in 20 chances.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz paces the Rays with a team-best batting average of .293.
- Diaz’s home runs rank 185th in MLB and he ranks 102nd in RBI in MLB.
- Diaz enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has shown off his power as he paces his team with 19 home runs and 79 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB hitters, Arozarena ranks 61st in home runs and 28th in RBI.
- Harold Ramirez is hitting .313 with 20 doubles, six home runs and 18 walks.
- David Peralta is hitting .254 with 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 36 walks.
- Peralta heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with two walks and an RBI.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien has been key for Texas with 146 hits, an OBP of .305 plus a slugging percentage of .432.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Semien is 39th in home runs and 36th in RBI.
- Semien takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .435 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs and six RBI.
- Corey Seager’s 30 home runs are most among Texas batters. He’s driven in 78 runs this season while slugging .452.
- Seager currently is 12th in home runs and 32nd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Nate Lowe is batting .308 to lead Texas, while adding 25 homers and 71 runs batted in this season.
- Lowe takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in runs batted in (92) this season. He’s batting .253 while slugging .462.
- Garcia has hit safely in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .273 with three doubles, a triple, three home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.