The Houston Astros (95-50) aim to add to their six-game winning streak when they face the Oakland Athletics (52-93) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park.
The Astros are big home favorites (-285) against the Athletics (+230). The Astros will start Jose Urquidy (13-6) versus the Athletics and Cole Irvin (8-11). The game’s total is 8.
Astros vs. Athletics Predictions
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has an 8-2 record over the 10 games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total two times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Athletics and their opponents are 8-2-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Oakland is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Urquidy
- The Astros have a 16-10-0 ATS record in Urquidy’s 26 starts that had a set spread.
- The Astros have been favored on the moneyline in 21 of Urquidy’s starts this season, and they went 14-7 in those matchups.
- Urquidy’s team has a 17-9 record in his starts this season.
- Urquidy has had 26 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 12 of those outings.
Projected starter: Cole Irvin
- Irvin and his team have a record of 12-14-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 36.4% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 8-14.
- Irvin’s team has a 10-16 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Irvin have a 10-16-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 36 home runs while putting up a team-high batting average of .304.
- Among all batters in baseball, Alvarez’s home run total ranks third and his RBI tally ranks 16th.
- Alvarez heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .405 with five doubles, five home runs, seven walks and six RBI.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .265 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 82 walks.
- Bregman ranks 47th in home runs and 20th in RBI this year.
- Kyle Tucker has a team-high 97 runs batted in.
- Jose Altuve has 33 doubles, 24 home runs and 59 walks while batting .287.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in runs batted in with 64 while batting .255, which is also best on the team.
- Murphy is 65th in homers and 63rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Murphy takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Tony Kemp has collected 102 hits this season and has an OBP of .308. He’s slugging .327 on the year.
- Kemp is 248th overall in homers and 187th in RBI this year.
- Seth Brown is slugging .443 this season, with a team-high 22 home runs. He’s also collected 58 RBI.
- Ramon Laureano has collected 73 hits this season and has an OBP of .287. He’s slugging .376 on the year.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.