Christian Walker leads the Arizona Diamondbacks (68-76) into a matchup versus the San Diego Padres (79-66) following his two-homer outing in a 12-3 defeat to the Padres. It begins at 8:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Diamondbacks are projected as a close favorite (-110 moneyline odds) against the Padres (-108). The Diamondbacks will start Zac Gallen (12-2) against the Padres and Joe Musgrove (9-7). The game’s total is set at 7.
Diamondbacks vs. Padres Predictions
Diamondbacks vs. Padres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Diamondbacks vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Arizona was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only twice, and it split those games.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
- Arizona has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- San Diego has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and has gone 2-3 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Padres and their opponents are 6-4-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, San Diego is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Diamondbacks vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zac Gallen
- When Gallen starts, the Diamondbacks are 22-6-0 against the spread.
- The Diamondbacks have an 8-5 record in Gallen’s 13 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Gallen’s team has an 18-9 record in his starts this season.
- Gallen has had 28 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 13 of those outings hit the over.
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- When Musgrove starts, his team is 12-14-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (3-3).
- Musgrove’s team has won 17 of his 26 starts this season.
- Games started by Musgrove have a 16-10-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Walker leads the Diamondbacks with 34 home runs and 83 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Walker ranks eighth in home runs and 23rd in RBI.
- Walker has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .150 with two home runs and four RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .243 with 21 doubles, three triples, 25 home runs and 43 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Varsho ranks 31st in homers and 48th in RBI.
- Ketel Marte is batting .244 with 38 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 51 walks.
- Marte heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Josh Rojas is batting .268 to pace his team.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado is batting .297 with 28 home runs and 90 RBI. All three of those stats lead San Diego hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Machado is 17th in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Juan Soto has collected 110 hits this season and has an OBP of .400. He’s slugging .444 on the year.
- Soto currently ranks 35th in home runs and 88th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Josh Bell is slashing .276/.367/.444 this season for the Padres.
- Brandon Drury has collected 122 hits this season and has an OBP of .322. He’s slugging .511 on the year.
- Drury has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles, three home runs and five RBI.
Where To Watch Diamondbacks vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.