The Pittsburgh Pirates (55-90) visit the New York Mets (91-55) at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Mets are heavily favored at home (-327) against the Pirates (+258). The scheduled starters are Chris Bassitt (13-8) for the New York Mets, and Bryse Wilson (3-8) for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The total for the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Pirates Predictions
Mets vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has a 6-4 record across the 10 games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the total six times (all 10 games had set totals).
- New York has put together a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won five of those contests.
- The Pirates and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Pittsburgh is 7-3-0 against the spread.
Mets vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Bassitt
- The Mets have a 16-11-0 ATS record in Bassitt’s 27 starts that had a set spread.
- The Mets are 14-5 in Bassitt’s 19 starts this season with New York as the moneyline favorite.
- Bassitt’s team has won 18 of his 27 starts.
- Bassitt has had 27 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 16 of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Bryse Wilson
- Wilson’s team is 9-8-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Pittsburgh has a record of 8-8 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Wilson’s team has a 9-8 record in his starts this season.
- Games Wilson has started this season hit the over 11 times in 17 chances.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has racked up a team-high 35 home runs and 113 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in baseball, Alonso ranks fourth in home runs and second in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .267 with 21 doubles, four triples, 24 home runs and 58 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Lindor ranks 35th in homers and ninth in RBI.
- Lindor brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .263 with 28 doubles, six triples, 14 home runs and 63 walks.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-best .319 batting average.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.257), home runs (23) and runs batted in (54) this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total is 39th, and his RBI total is 100th.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has collected 113 hits this season and has an OBP of .315. He’s slugging .352 on the year.
- Hayes is 226th overall in homers and 196th in RBI this season.
- Ben Gamel has 80 hits this season and a slash line of .233/.317/.369.
- Michael Chavis has 92 hits and an OBP of .276 to go with a slugging percentage of .408 this season.
- Chavis has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.