Hunter Dozier will try to notch his 100th hit (he has 99) when his Kansas City Royals (57-87) square off against the Boston Red Sox (70-74) at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Red Sox are favored (-159 moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Royals (+136). The Red Sox will give the ball to Rich Hill (7-6) versus the Royals and Brady Singer (8-4). The over/under for the game is set at 9 total runs.
Red Sox vs. Royals Predictions
Red Sox vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has been listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only two times in the last 10 games, and won both matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Red Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Boston’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Kansas City has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 1-6 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- Kansas City has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Red Sox vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Rich Hill
- The Red Sox have gone 9-13-0 against the spread when Hill starts.
- The Red Sox are 8-4 in Hill’s 12 starts this season with Boston as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Hill’s 22 starts, his team is 12-10.
- Hill’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 10 of 22 contests.
Projected starter: Brady Singer
- Singer and his team are 16-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 68.8% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (11-5).
- Singer’s team has won 13 of his 21 starts.
- Games started by Singer have a 8-13-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox in home runs (26) and runs batted in (79).
- Devers’ home runs rank 26th in MLB and he ranks 27th in RBI in MLB.
- Devers takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has a club-high .315 batting average.
- Bogaerts ranks 108th in homers and 53rd in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .283 with 35 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 39 walks.
- Tommy Pham is batting .243 with 19 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 51 walks.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in runs batted in with 72 while batting .247, which is also best on the team.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Witt Jr. ranks 54th in homers and 39th in RBI.
- Salvador Perez is slugging .457 this season, with a team-best 21 homers while driving in 69 runs.
- Perez ranks 47th in home runs and 48th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Perez takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a home run and two RBI.
- MJ Melendez has 85 hits this season and a slash line of .217/.314/.388.
- Michael A. Taylor is batting .267 with an OBP of .329 and a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
- Taylor has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .188 with three walks and two RBI.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.