The Tampa Bay Rays (80-63) and Texas Rangers (62-81) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Tropicana Field, at 7:10 PM ET. The Rays are coming off a series defeat to the Blue Jays, and the Rangers a series split with the Athletics.
The Rays are favored at home (-146) versus the Rangers (+123). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Tampa Bay Rays looking to Corey Kluber (10-8), and Martin Perez (11-6) getting the nod for the Texas Rangers. The contest has a set total of 7.
Rays vs. Rangers Predictions
Rays vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay was the moneyline favorite in four of its last 10 games, and went 3-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Rays and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Texas has a record of 3-4.
- The Rangers and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Texas is 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Rays vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Corey Kluber
- The Rays have a 15-12-0 ATS record in Kluber’s 27 starts with a set spread.
- The Rays are 11-8 in Kluber’s 19 starts this season with Tampa Bay as the moneyline favorite.
- Kluber’s team has a 15-12 record in his starts this season.
- Kluber has started 27 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
Projected starter: Martín Pérez
- When Pérez starts, his team is 21-7-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 8-6 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Pérez’s team has an 18-10 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Pérez have an 15-12-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads the Rays with a team-best batting average of .294.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Diaz’s home run total ranks 183rd and his RBI tally ranks 100th.
- Diaz heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has hit 19 home runs with 79 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Arozarena ranks 61st in home runs among hitters in MLB and 26th in RBI.
- Harold Ramirez has 20 doubles, six home runs and 18 walks while batting .315.
- David Peralta is batting .254 with 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 36 walks.
- Peralta enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with two walks and an RBI.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien has been key for Texas with 23 home runs, 75 RBI and a batting average of .247 this season.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Semien’s home run total is 39th, and his RBI total is 36th.
- Semien takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .348 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs and six RBI.
- Corey Seager is slugging .451 this season, with a team-best 30 homers while driving in 76 runs.
- Seager ranks 12th overall in homers and 35th in RBI this year.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in RBI with 92 while batting .253 with 25 home runs.
- Garcia has safely hit in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .273 with four doubles, a triple, three home runs, five walks and nine RBI.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas with a .309 batting average. He’s also hit 24 homers and has 69 RBI.
- Lowe has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .421 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.