The Seattle Mariners (80-62) visit the Los Angeles Angels (61-82) to kick off a four-game series at Angel Stadium, with first pitch at 9:38 PM ET on Friday. The Mariners are on the back of a series split with the Padres, and the Angels a series loss to the Guardians.
As the favorite, the Mariners (-175 on the moneyline) play at the Angels (+150). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Seattle Mariners looking to Robbie Ray (12-9), and Michael Lorenzen (6-6) answering the bell for the Los Angeles Angels. The over/under in the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Mariners vs. Angels Predictions
Mariners vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mariners vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Seattle has a 4-2 record from the six games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Mariners and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Seattle’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- The Angels and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Los Angeles has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Mariners vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Robbie Ray
- The Mariners have a 15-13-0 ATS record in Ray’s 28 starts with a set spread.
- The Mariners have an 11-4 record in Ray’s 15 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Ray’s team has a 17-11 record over his 28 starts.
- Ray’s starts went over the run total 14 times in 28 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Michael Lorenzen
- Lorenzen and his team are 6-8-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 16.7% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 1-5.
- Lorenzen’s team has won six of his 14 starts this season.
- Out of Lorenzen’s 14 starts with a total this season, 10 have hit the over.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Julio Rodriguez leads the Mariners with a team-best batting average of .277.
- Rodriguez ranks 26th in home runs and 40th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Rodriguez has safely hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .436 with two doubles, four home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Ty France is hitting .275 with 23 doubles, 18 home runs and 31 walks.
- France ranks 62nd in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 40th in RBI.
- France takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .188 with a double.
- Eugenio Suarez paces the Mariners in home runs (31) and runs batted in (84).
- Suarez has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with four home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is hitting .251 with 24 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 53 walks.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .265 with 88 RBI, both of which rank first among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ohtani’s home run total is seventh, and his RBI total is 15th.
- Mike Trout’s 35 home runs are most among Los Angeles batters. He’s driven in 70 runs this season while slugging .626.
- Trout currently is fourth in homers and 44th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Taylor Ward is batting .265 to lead Los Angeles, while adding 18 homers and 51 runs batted in this season.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .271 with an OBP of .302 and a slugging percentage of .426 this season.
Where To Watch Mariners vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.