The San Diego Padres (78-65) and Arizona Diamondbacks (67-75) clash in NL West action, on Thursday at 9:40 PM ET.
The Padres are a favorite (-168) at the Diamondbacks (+140). The San Diego Padres will give the start to Sean Manaea (7-8), but the Diamondbacks’ starting pitcher has not been announced yet. The game’s total is 9.
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego has a 2-1 record across the three games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total seven times.
- San Diego has put together a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Arizona has a record of 2-5.
- The Diamondbacks and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Arizona has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sean Manaea
- The Padres have an 8-17-0 record against the spread in Manaea’s starts.
- The Padres are 11-8 in Manaea’s 19 starts this season with San Diego as the moneyline favorite.
- In Manaea’s 25 starts, his team is 12-13.
- Manaea has had 25 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 15 of those outings hit the over.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado paces the Padres with 28 home runs and 90 runs batted in, while putting up a team-best batting average of .299.
- Machado’s home runs rank 16th in MLB and he ranks 13th in RBI in MLB.
- Juan Soto has 20 doubles, two triples, 24 home runs and 123 walks while batting .236.
- Soto ranks 33rd in homers and 105th in RBI among hitters in MLB play.
- Josh Bell is batting .276 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 71 walks.
- Bell has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a double.
- Jurickson Profar has 32 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 69 walks while hitting .240.
- Profar heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .143 with an RBI.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker is batting .233 this season with a team-high 32 home runs and 79 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Walker’s home run total is 10th, and his RBI total is 25th.
- Daulton Varsho has 113 hits and an OBP of .311 to go with a slugging percentage of .461 this season.
- Varsho ranks 29th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 45th in RBI.
- Varsho enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Ketel Marte is slashing .241/.321/.402 this season for the Diamondbacks.
- Josh Rojas leads Arizona with a .270 batting average. He’s also hit eight homers and has 50 RBI.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.