The New York Mets (90-55) will look for continued production from a hitter on a roll versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (55-89) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET, at Citi Field. Tomas Nido is riding a two-game homer streak.
The Mets are a home favorite (-265) against the Pirates (+216). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Taijuan Walker (11-4), and Mitch Keller (5-10) taking the ball for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The over/under for the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Pirates Predictions
Mets vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite for each of its last 10 games, and went 5-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the total seven times (all 10 games had set totals).
- New York’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won five of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Pittsburgh has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Mets vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Taijuan Walker
- When Walker starts, the Mets have gone 13-12-0 against the spread.
- The Mets are 9-6 in Walker’s 15 starts this season with New York as the moneyline favorite.
- Walker’s team has compiled a 13-12 record in his 25 starts.
- Walker has started 26 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
Projected starter: Mitch Keller
- Keller and his team are 13-12-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 7-14.
- In games Keller has started, his team is 8-17.
- Out of Keller’s 25 starts with a total this season, 10 have hit the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets with 35 home runs and 112 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Alonso’s home run total ranks fourth and his RBI tally ranks second.
- Alonso has hit safely in nine games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .325 with a double, three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 21 doubles, four triples, 24 home runs and 58 walks while hitting .267.
- Among all MLB batters, Lindor ranks 33rd in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Lindor has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has 28 doubles, six triples, 14 home runs and 63 walks while batting .261.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .322 to lead his team.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with 23, runs batted in with 54 and his batting average of .259 is also best on his team.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Reynolds’ home run total is 39th, and his RBI total is 100th.
- Reynolds brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .248 with an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .355 this season.
- Hayes is 226th in home runs and 195th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Ben Gamel has collected 80 base hits, an OBP of .318 and a slugging percentage of .372 this season.
- Michael Chavis is batting .240 with an OBP of .275 and a slugging percentage of .409 this season.
- Chavis enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .375 with two doubles, two walks and three RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.