The Detroit Tigers (53-89) take a four-game losing streak into a contest versus the Chicago White Sox (74-70), at 7:10 PM ET on Friday.
As the favorite, the White Sox (-152 on the moneyline) visit the Tigers (+129). The White Sox will give the ball to Lucas Giolito (10-9) versus the Tigers and Matt Manning (2-2). The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
White Sox vs. Tigers Predictions
White Sox vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago has a 6-2 record from the eight games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
- Chicago’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Tigers and their opponents are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Detroit has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
White Sox vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lucas Giolito
- When Giolito starts, the White Sox have gone 11-15-0 against the spread.
- The White Sox have a 9-10 record in Giolito’s 19 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- In Giolito’s 26 starts, his team is 11-15.
- Giolito has started 26 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 17 of them.
Projected starter: Matt Manning
- Manning and his team have a record of 5-5-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 44.4% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-5.
- Manning’s team has won four of his 10 starts.
- Games Manning has started this season hit the over three times in 10 chances.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox in runs batted in (69) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .312.
- Abreu’s home runs rank 95th in MLB and he ranks 45th in RBI in MLB.
- Andrew Vaughn has hit 16 home runs with 69 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Vaughn ranks 83rd in home runs and 45th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Vaughn has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .471 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .253 with 30 doubles, 14 home runs and 37 walks.
- Andrus enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .291 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez is batting .233 with 13 home runs and 56 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Detroit hitters this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Baez ranks 120th in homers and 87th in RBI.
- Baez brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a double, a triple, a home run and three RBI.
- Harold Castro has collected 100 hits this season and has an OBP of .298. He’s slugging .377 on the year.
- Among all MLB hitters, Castro is 247th in homers and 178th in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario leads Detroit in home runs with 13. He’s driven in 45 runs and is slugging .354.
- Willi Castro has collected 82 hits this season and has an OBP of .281. He’s slugging .354 on the year.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.