Michael A. Taylor has 99 hits, and will look for his 100th when his Kansas City Royals (57-86) play the Boston Red Sox (69-74) at 7:10 PM ET on Friday.
The favored Red Sox (-203 moneyline odds to win) host the Royals (+169). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Boston Red Sox looking to Michael Wacha (11-1), and Jonathan Heasley (3-8) taking the ball for the Kansas City Royals. The over/under for the game is set at 9.5 total runs.
Red Sox vs. Royals Predictions
Red Sox vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has been listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just two times in the last 10 games, and won both matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Red Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Boston’s record against the spread is 8-2-0 over its past 10 games.
- Kansas City has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 2-5 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Royals and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Kansas City is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Red Sox vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Michael Wacha
- When Wacha starts, the Red Sox are 14-5-0 against the spread.
- The Red Sox are 7-2 in Wacha’s nine starts this season with Boston as the moneyline favorite.
- Wacha’s team has a 14-5 record in his starts this season.
- Wacha’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 19 contests.
Projected starter: Jonathan Heasley
- When Heasley starts, his team is 7-11-0 against the spread this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Kansas City has a record of 5-12 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- In games Heasley has started, his team is 5-12.
- Games started by Heasley have a 11-7-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox in home runs (26) and runs batted in (79).
- In baseball, Devers ranks 26th in home runs and 26th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .317 to lead his team.
- Bogaerts ranks 108th in homers and 53rd in RBI among batters in MLB play.
- Bogaerts brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .284 with 35 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 37 walks.
- Tommy Pham is batting .245 with 19 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 51 walks.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in batting average (.247) and runs batted in (72) this season while also slugging 20 homers.
- Witt Jr. ranks 53rd in home runs and 39th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Salvador Perez leads Kansas City in home runs with 21 while driving in 68 runs and slugging .459.
- Perez ranks 47th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 49th in RBI.
- Perez heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a home run and two RBI.
- MJ Melendez has 84 hits this season and a slash line of .216/.315/.384.
- Taylor is batting .267 with an OBP of .329 and a slugging percentage of .380 this season.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.