Ranger Suarez will attempt to secure his 10th win of the campaign when his Philadelphia Phillies (80-63) visit the Atlanta Braves (88-55) at 7:20 PM ET on Friday.
The favored Braves (-185 moneyline odds) take the field at home against the Phillies (+155). The scheduled starters are Max Fried (13-6) for the Atlanta Braves, and Suarez (9-5) for the Philadelphia Phillies. The over/under for this game is 7.5.
Braves vs. Phillies Predictions
Braves vs. Phillies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta has a 6-4 record over the 10 games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Braves and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Atlanta has a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Philadelphia has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and split those matchups 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Phillies and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Philadelphia has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Braves vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Fried
- The Braves have gone 16-11-0 against the spread when Fried starts.
- The Braves are 14-7 in Fried’s 21 starts this season with Atlanta as the moneyline favorite.
- Fried’s team is 18-9 over his 27 starts.
- Fried has had 27 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 12 of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Ranger Suárez
- When Suarez starts, his team is 13-12-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 63.6% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 7-4.
- Suarez’s team has a 16-9 record in his starts this season.
- Games Suarez has started this season hit the over 16 times in 25 chances.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley has a team-best 36 homers.
- Among all batters in MLB action, Riley’s home run total ranks third and his RBI tally ranks 13th.
- Matt Olson’s 91 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Olson ranks 16th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 11th in RBI.
- Dansby Swanson paces the Braves with a team-high batting average of .282.
- Michael Harris II has 25 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 16 walks while hitting .310.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Rhys Hoskins has been key for Philadelphia with 131 hits, an OBP of .339 plus a slugging percentage of .469.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Hoskins ranks 16th in home runs and 40th in RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs with 38 and runs batted in with 80.
- Schwarber currently is second in homers and 24th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Schwarber takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, two home runs, five walks and two RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is slashing .270/.343/.468 this season for the Phillies.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a batting average of .287. He’s also hit 11 home runs with 66 RBI.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.