The Chicago White Sox (73-69) have a 1-0 series lead, aiming to sweep the Colorado Rockies (61-81) on Wednesday at Guaranteed Rate Field, at 2:10 PM ET.
The White Sox are favored (-242 moneyline odds to win) when they take the field at home against the Rockies (+198). The Chicago White Sox will hand the ball to Dylan Cease (14-6, 2.06 ERA), who is looking for win No. 15 on the season, and the Rockies will counter with Kyle Freeland (8-9, 4.63 ERA). The game’s over/under is 7.5.
White Sox vs. Rockies Predictions
White Sox vs. Rockies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Rockies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago played as the moneyline favorite for eight of its last 10 games, and went 6-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
- Chicago is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Colorado has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has won four of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Rockies and their opponents are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Colorado has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
White Sox vs. Rockies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dylan Cease
- The White Sox have a 17-12-0 record against the spread in Cease’s starts.
- The White Sox are 17-7 in Cease’s 24 starts this season with Chicago as the moneyline favorite.
- Cease’s team has won 20 of his 28 starts.
- Cease’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 14 of 29 contests.
Projected starter: Kyle Freeland
- Freeland’s team is 18-9-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 12-12 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Freeland’s team has won 13 of his 27 starts.
- Games Freeland has started this season hit the over 13 times in 27 chances.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox with 15 home runs while putting up a team-high batting average of .312.
- In MLB action, Abreu ranks 94th in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Abreu has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has put his power on display as he leads his team with 15 home runs and 68 RBI.
- Vaughn ranks 94th in homers and 46th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .252 with 30 doubles, 13 home runs and 37 walks.
- Luis Robert is batting .292 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron leads Colorado in home runs with 28 and runs batted in with 96.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Cron’s home run total is 15th, and his RBI total is fifth.
- Brendan Rodgers has 131 hits and an OBP of .320 to go with a slugging percentage of .402 this season.
- Rodgers ranks 152nd in homers and 77th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Charlie Blackmon has 127 hits this season and a slash line of .260/.310/.415.
- Ryan McMahon has collected 113 hits this season and has an OBP of .332. He’s slugging .408 on the year.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Rockies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.