David Peralta is only one hit away from his 100th of the campaign as his Tampa Bay Rays (79-62) face the Toronto Blue Jays (80-62) on Wednesday at 7:07 PM ET.
The Blue Jays (-117 on the moneyline) and the Rays (-102) will square off in a projected close contest. The Toronto Blue Jays will give the start to Ross Stripling (7-4, 3.03 ERA), who is looking for win No. 8 on the season, and the Rays will turn to Drew Rasmussen (10-4, 2.57 ERA). The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Rays Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Rays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Blue Jays vs. Rays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto has a 7-2 record over the nine games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Blue Jays combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total five times.
- Toronto has gone 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In five games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Tampa Bay has a record of 1-4.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Rays and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Tampa Bay is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Blue Jays vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Ross Stripling
- The Blue Jays have a 10-10-0 ATS record in Stripling’s 20 starts with a set spread.
- The Blue Jays are 11-6 in Stripling’s 17 starts this season with Toronto as the moneyline favorite.
- Stripling’s team is 13-7 in his 20 starts.
- Stripling’s starts hit the over on the run total 10 times in 20 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Drew Rasmussen
- Rasmussen’s team is 15-9-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 3-3.
- In games Rasmussen has started, his team is 18-6.
- In Rasmussen’s 24 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 12 times.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has launched a team-best 27 homers.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Guerrero’s home run total ranks 22nd and his RBI tally ranks 21st.
- Guerrero heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .261 with four doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Bo Bichette has totaled 87 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Bichette ranks 32nd in homers and 16th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Bichette heads into this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .477 with five doubles, a triple, six home runs, two walks and 16 RBI.
- George Springer is batting .260 with 19 doubles, three triples, 20 home runs and 49 walks.
- Springer brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a double, a home run, five walks and two RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk is batting .295 to lead his team.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in batting average (.295) this season while adding eight home runs and 51 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Diaz’s home run total is 199th, and his RBI total is 116th.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in home runs (19) and runs batted in (78) this season while batting .267.
- Arozarena currently is 57th in homers and 30th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Harold Ramirez has 107 hits this season and a slash line of .318/.362/.423.
- Peralta has collected 99 hits this season and has an OBP of .315. He’s slugging .430 on the year.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Rays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.