The St. Louis Cardinals (83-58) are looking for Tommy Edman to prolong a 13-game hitting streak versus the Milwaukee Brewers (75-66) on Tuesday at 7:45 PM ET, at Busch Stadium.
The Cardinals are favored (-214 moneyline odds to win) when they square off against the Brewers (+178). The Cardinals will start Jordan Montgomery (8-3) versus the Brewers and Matt Bush (2-2). The game’s total is 8.
Cardinals vs. Brewers Predictions
Cardinals vs. Brewers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Brewers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis has a 7-3 record from the 10 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- St. Louis’ record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Milwaukee has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and lost that contest.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Brewers and their opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Milwaukee has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Brewers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jordan Montgomery
- The Cardinals have a 10-18-0 record against the spread in Montgomery’s starts.
- The Cardinals have been the moneyline favorite in 26 of Montgomery’s starts this season, and they went 15-11 in those matchups.
- Over Montgomery’s 28 starts, his team is 16-12.
- Montgomery’s starts went over the run total 13 times in 28 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Matt Bush
- Bush and his team have yet to cover the spread in any of their five chances this season.
- He and his team have lost each of the three games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Bush and his team have lost each of the five games he’s started this season.
- Games Bush has started this season hit the over four times in five chances.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt has racked up a team-high batting average of .325, while leading the Cardinals in home runs (35) and runs batted in (109).
- Goldschmidt’s home runs rank fourth in MLB and he ranks second in RBI in MLB.
- Nolan Arenado has 38 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .298.
- Arenado ranks 15th in home runs and seventh in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Arenado heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with two doubles and four RBI.
- Edman is hitting .268 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 40 walks.
- Edman heads into this game on a 13-game hitting streak. In his last nine games he is hitting .441 with five doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Brendan Donovan has 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 46 walks while hitting .287.
Brewers Batting Leaders
- Rowdy Tellez leads Milwaukee in home runs this season with 30 while driving in 80 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Tellez ranks 11th in home runs and 24th in RBI.
- Christian Yelich is batting .261 to lead Milwaukee, while adding 12 homers and 50 runs batted in this season.
- Yelich ranks 134th in homers and 120th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Yelich heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with two doubles, three walks and three RBI.
- Willy Adames is among the top hitters for Milwaukee with a .232 average, 28 homers and 83 RBI.
- Adames heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .242 with an OBP of .311 and a slugging percentage of .392 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Brewers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.