The Pittsburgh Pirates (54-88) will look to sweep a four-game series versus the Cincinnati Reds (56-85), at 12:35 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Pirates are an underdog (+136 on the moneyline) when they visit the Reds (-160). The Reds will start Nick Lodolo (4-5) versus the Pirates and Roansy Contreras (5-4). The total for this game is 8.
Reds vs. Pirates Predictions
Reds vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Reds vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cincinnati played as the moneyline favorite in four of its last 10 games, and finished 1-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Reds and their opponents combined to go over the total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Cincinnati’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won five of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Pittsburgh has won seven of its last 10 games against the spread.
Reds vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nick Lodolo
- When Lodolo starts, the Reds are 8-7-0 against the spread.
- The Reds have a 2-4 record in Lodolo’s six starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Lodolo’s team has won eight of his 15 starts.
- Lodolo has had 15 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in eight of those outings.
Projected starter: Roansy Contreras
- Contreras’ team is 7-8-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 4-7 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Contreras’ team has won six of his 14 starts this season.
- Games Contreras has started this season hit the over four times in 15 chances.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer paces the Reds with 65 runs batted in while putting up a team-high batting average of .263.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Farmer ranks 168th in homers and 59th in RBI.
- Jonathan India is hitting .260 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 22 walks.
- India ranks 168th in home runs and 212th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Nick Senzel is batting .231 with 12 doubles, four home runs and 28 walks.
- Jake Fraley is batting .245 with eight doubles, 10 home runs and 22 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.256), home runs (23) and runs batted in (54) this season.
- Reynolds ranks 38th in home runs and 100th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .246 with an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .353 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hayes ranks 226th in homers and 199th in RBI.
- Hayes heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Ben Gamel is slashing .237/.320/.376 this season for the Pirates.
- Gamel heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Michael Chavis has 88 hits and an OBP of .271 to go with a slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Chavis brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double and three walks.
Where To Watch Reds vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.