Jesus Aguilar will try to collect his 100th hit of the year (he has 99) when his Baltimore Orioles (74-67) take on the Washington Nationals (49-93) at 7:05 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Nationals (+124 underdog moneyline odds to win) play at home against the Orioles (-145). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Baltimore Orioles looking to Tyler Wells (7-6), and Patrick Corbin (6-18) answering the bell for the Washington Nationals. The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Orioles vs. Nationals Predictions
Orioles vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Orioles vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Baltimore went 4-2 across the six games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Orioles and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
- Baltimore has a 2-8-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 4-6 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Washington is 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Orioles vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Tyler Wells
- The Orioles have a 13-9-0 ATS record in Wells’ 22 starts with a set spread.
- The Orioles are 5-1 in Wells’ six starts this season with Baltimore as the moneyline favorite.
- Wells’ team has won 10 of his 21 starts.
- Wells has had 22 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 10 of those games hit the over.
Projected starter: Patrick Corbin
- When Corbin starts, his team is 9-19-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 4-20 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Corbin’s team has won six of his 28 starts.
- Out of Corbin’s 28 starts with a total this season, 11 have hit the over.
Orioles Batting Leaders
- Anthony Santander leads the Orioles with 27 home runs and 79 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in baseball, Santander ranks 22nd in home runs and 25th in RBI.
- Cedric Mullins is hitting .263 to pace his team.
- Mullins currently ranks 106th in home runs and 92nd in RBI in the bigs.
- Ryan Mountcastle has put up a team-best 79 runs batted in.
- Austin Hays is batting .250 with 31 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 28 walks.
- Hays has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Cesar Hernandez has been key for Washington with one home run, 33 RBI and a batting average of .250 this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Hernandez’s home run total is 401st, and his RBI total is 227th.
- Lane Thomas leads Washington in batting with a .254 average while slugging 15 homers and driving in 49 runs.
- Thomas is 94th among batters in MLB in home runs, and 128th in RBI.
- Thomas brings a 10-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .400 with four doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and seven RBI.
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in runs batted in (64) this season. He has a .234 batting average and a .337 slugging percentage.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs with 19 while driving in 62 runs and slugging .413.
- Voit has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
Where To Watch Orioles vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.