The Oakland Athletics (51-90) visit the Texas Rangers (61-80) in AL West action, at 8:05 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Athletics are an underdog away (+130) at the Rangers (-153). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Texas Rangers looking to Cole Ragans (0-2), and Ken Waldichuk (0-1) answering the bell for the Oakland Athletics. The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
Rangers vs. Athletics Predictions
Rangers vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rangers vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Texas was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only once in the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total two times.
- Texas is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over eight times.
- Oakland is 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Rangers vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Cole Ragans
- The Rangers have a 3-2-0 record against the spread in Ragans’ starts.
- The Rangers were favored on the moneyline for one Ragans start this season — they lost.
- Ragans’ team has a 2-3 record in his starts this season.
- Ragans has started five contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in one of them.
Projected starter: Ken Waldichuk
- Waldichuk has a record of 0-2-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Waldichuk’s team is 0-2 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Waldichuk this season, the teams hit the over.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien is hitting .245 with 25 doubles, five triples, 22 home runs and 47 walks.
- Semien ranks 40th in homers and 38th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Semien brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with a double, a triple, a home run and four RBI.
- Corey Seager has hit 30 home runs to pace his team.
- Seager currently ranks 11th in home runs and 32nd in RBI in the majors.
- Nate Lowe paces the Rangers with a .308 batting average.
- Adolis Garcia’s 89 runs batted in pace his team.
- Garcia enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in batting average (.253) and runs batted in (64) this season while also slugging 18 homers.
- Among all batters in the majors, Murphy’s home run total is 62nd, and his RBI total is 60th.
- Tony Kemp is batting .234 with an OBP of .309 and a slugging percentage of .325 this season.
- Kemp ranks 275th overall in homers and 190th in RBI this season.
- Seth Brown is slugging .442 this season, with a team-high 21 home runs. He’s also collected 56 RBI.
- Brown brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Ramon Laureano has 71 hits and an OBP of .292 to go with a slugging percentage of .384 this season.
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.