NFC South foes square off when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0) visit the New Orleans Saints (1-0) on Sunday, September 18, 2022 at Caesars Superdome. Tampa Bay is favored by 3 points. The over/under is set at 44 for the game.
Buccaneers vs. Saints Predictions
Buccaneers vs. Saints Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Buccaneers and Saints: Betting Trends
- The Buccaneers were 9-8-0 against the spread last year.
- The Buccaneers had an ATS record of 9-7 as 3-point favorites or more last season.
- In 17 Buccaneers games last year, nine went over the total.
- The Buccaneers went 13-4 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 76.5% of those games).
- The Buccaneers went 12-3 last year (winning 80% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -160 or shorter.
- The Buccaneers have a 61.5% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- The Saints covered the spread nine times in 17 games last season.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 3 points or more, the Saints went 4-4 last season.
- There were seven Saints games (out of 17) that went over the total last year.
- The Saints were underdogs nine times last season and won four of those games.
- The Saints were 3-3 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +136 or more on the moneyline.
- Buccaneers games had more than 44 points scored on 12 occasions last year.
- Last season, eight Saints games featured more than 44 points scored.
- The Buccaneers and Saints combined to average 51.5 points per contest last season, which is 7.5 more than the total for this game.
- The over/under for this game is set at 44 points, 3.5 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- The over/under in this matchup is 44 points, 5.4 fewer than the average total in last season’s Buccaneers contests.
- Games involving the Saints last year averaged 43.2 points per game, a 0.8-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Tom Brady finished the 2021 season as the third-best fantasy player overall and the third-best fantasy QB with 374.7 fantasy points (22 per game).
- Mike Evans racked up total 188.5 fantasy points last season (11.8 per game), which made him the 40th-ranked player overall and the sixth-ranked WR.
- Last year, Leonard Fournette finished 42nd overall and 11th among RBs with 186.6 fantasy points (averaging 13.3 per game).
- Chris Godwin put together the 73rd-ranked fantasy season (17th among WRs) in 2021 with 144.4 fantasy points, averaging 10.3 per game.
Saints Players to Watch
- Alvin Kamara racked up 187.7 fantasy points (14.4 per game) in 2021 and finished 41st overall among all players and 10th among all RBs.
- Taysom Hill ranked 98th overall and fifth among TEs in league-wide fantasy standings last season after finishing with 117.7 fantasy points (9.8 per game).
- Last year, Jameis Winston 117.4 total fantasy points to finish as the No. 31 QB and the No. 99 fantasy player overall. He averaged 16.8 fantasy points per game.
- Marquez Callaway put together the 115th-ranked fantasy season (38th among WRs) last season. He scored 105.8 fantasy points (6.2 per game).
Where To Watch Buccaneers vs. Saints
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.