The New York Mets (89-52) and Chicago Cubs (58-82) square off on Monday at 7:10 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Citi Field.
The Cubs are a big underdog away from home (+234) at the Mets (-286). The starting pitchers are Chris Bassitt (13-7) for the New York Mets, and Javier Assad (0-1) for the Chicago Cubs. The contest has a set total of 8.
Mets vs. Cubs Predictions
Mets vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was favored on the moneyline for nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total eight times.
- New York has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cubs and their opponents are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has won three of its last 10 games against the spread.
Mets vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Bassitt
- The Mets have a 16-10-0 ATS record in Bassitt’s 26 starts with a set spread.
- The Mets have a 14-4 record in Bassitt’s 18 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- In Bassitt’s 26 starts, his team is 18-8.
- Bassitt has started 26 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 16 of them.
Projected starter: Javier Assad
- Assad and his team are 2-1-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Assad’s team has a 1-2 record in his starts this season.
- The teams have not yet hit the over in any of the three games Assad has started this season.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has a team-best 33 home runs and 109 runs batted in.
- Alonso ranks seventh in home runs and second in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Alonso takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .268 with 21 doubles, four triples, 22 home runs and 56 walks.
- Lindor currently ranks 39th in homers and eighth in RBI in the majors.
- Lindor has safely hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .268 with 28 doubles, six triples, 14 home runs and 58 walks.
- Nimmo heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, a home run, six walks and five RBI.
- Jeff McNeil is hitting .322 to pace his team.
- McNeil enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with a double, two walks and six RBI.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting average (.291) this season while adding nine home runs and 49 RBI.
- In all of MLB, Hoerner is 178th in homers and 127th in RBI.
- Hoerner has safely hit in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in (65) this season. He’s batting .272 while slugging .453.
- Among all major league hitters, Happ ranks 78th in homers and 57th in RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with 22. He’s driven in 58 runs and is slugging .436.
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .260 with an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.