The Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) are just 1.5-point underdogs against the New England Patriots (0-1) on Sunday, September 18, 2022. This matchup has an over/under of 40.5 points.
Patriots vs. Steelers Predictions
Patriots vs. Steelers Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Patriots and Steelers: Betting Trends
- The Patriots were 10-7-0 against the spread last season.
- The Patriots had an ATS record of 7-4 as 1.5-point favorites or greater last year.
- The Patriots had nine of its 17 games hit the over last season.
- The Patriots were the moneyline favorite 12 total times last season. They went 8-4 in those games.
- The Patriots went 8-3 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -115 or shorter (72.7%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Patriots have an implied win probability of 53.5%.
- Steelers posted a 8-9-0 record against the spread last year.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 1.5 points or more, the Steelers went 6-4 last year.
- The Steelers had six of its 17 games go over the point total last year.
- Last season, the Steelers won five out of the 10 games in which they were the underdog.
- The Steelers had a record of 5-5 in games where oddsmakers had them as underdogs of at least -105 on the moneyline.
- Patriots games had more than 40.5 points scored on 11 occasions last year.
- Last season, nine Steelers games featured more than 40.5 points scored.
- These two teams scored a combined average of 47.4 points per game last season, higher than the total for this matchup by 6.9 points.
- These two teams allowed a combined 41.2 points per game a year ago, 0.7 higher than the total for this matchup.
- The point total average for Patriots games last season was 44.1, 3.6 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total for Steelers games last season was 43.5 points, three more than this game’s over/under.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Mac Jones ended the season 24th overall among all players and 18th among all QBs in 2021 with 224.9 fantasy points (13.2 per game).
- Damien Harris racked up 192.1 fantasy points a season ago (12.8 per game), good enough to place him 37th overall and eighth among RBs in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Last year, Kendrick Bourne finished 89th overall and 29th among WRs after scoring 125.5 fantasy points (averaging 7.4 per game).
- Hunter Henry was the 104th-ranked fantasy player — and the seventh-ranked TE — in 2021 with 114.3 fantasy points. He averaged 6.7 fantasy points per game.
Steelers Players to Watch
- Najee Harris’ stellar 2021 fantasy campaign saw him rack up 226.7 fantasy points (13.3 per game) and finish 23rd overall among all players and fourth among all RBs.
- Diontae Johnson placed 58th overall and 12th among WRs in league-wide fantasy standings last season after finishing with 165.4 fantasy points (10.3 per game).
- Last year, Chase Claypool’s 107.6 total fantasy points made him the No. 36 WR and the No. 110 fantasy player overall after he averaged 7.2 fantasy points per game.
- Pat Freiermuth was 13th among TEs and 142nd overall last season in the fantasy standings. He scored 89.7 fantasy points (5.6 per game).
Where To Watch Patriots vs. Steelers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.