Christian Vazquez has 99 hits, and will try to notch his 100th when his Houston Astros (91-50) square off against the Detroit Tigers (53-87) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET.
The Astros are heavily favored (-221 moneyline odds) when they square off against the Tigers (+180). The Houston Astros will give the start to Hunter Brown (1-0, .00 ERA), who is looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Tigers will turn to Drew Hutchison (2-7, 4.08 ERA). The game’s over/under is 8.
Astros vs. Tigers Predictions
Astros vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 7-2 record from the nine games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over two times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Houston has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 3-4 in those contests.
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Detroit has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Astros vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Hunter Brown
- Brown has started just one game with a set spread, which the Astros failed to cover.
- The Astros were favored on the moneyline for one Brown start this season — they won.
- His team won the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Brown’s only start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Drew Hutchison
- When Hutchison starts, his team is 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 5-8 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Hutchison’s team has won five of his 14 starts.
- Games started by Hutchison have a 5-7-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman is batting .268 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 81 walks.
- In MLB play, Bregman ranks 44th in homers and 17th in RBI.
- Bregman takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .357 with a double, a home run, seven walks and five RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has shown off his power as he leads his team with 32 home runs with a team-best .293 batting average.
- Alvarez ranks ninth in home runs and 17th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Alvarez takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with two doubles, a home run, six walks and an RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has a team-high 93 runs batted in.
- Tucker takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with a double, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Jose Altuve is batting .289 with 33 doubles, 24 home runs and 57 walks.
- Altuve has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with three walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez is batting .231 with 55 RBI, both of which are best among Detroit hitters this season.
- Among all batters in the majors, Baez is 134th in home runs and 90th in RBI.
- Harold Castro has collected 100 hits this season and has an OBP of .304. He’s slugging .385 on the year.
- Castro is 246th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 174th in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario is slugging .354 this season, with a team-high 13 home runs. He’s also collected 45 RBI.
- Willi Castro has collected 82 hits this season and has an OBP of .284. He’s slugging .358 on the year.
- Willi Castro takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .217 with two doubles and two RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.