The Philadelphia Phillies (77-62) hope to sweep a three-game series versus the Washington Nationals (49-91), at 1:05 PM ET on Sunday.
The Phillies are heavily favored at home (-312) against the Nationals (+250). The Philadelphia Phillies will hand the ball to Aaron Nola (9-11, 3.35 ERA), who is looking for win No. 10 on the season, and the Nationals will counter with Anibal Sanchez (2-5, 4.56 ERA). The game’s over/under is set at 8.
Phillies vs. Nationals Predictions
Phillies vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia has a 5-3 record across the eight games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
- Philadelphia has a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 4-5 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Over its last 10 games, Washington is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Phillies vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Aaron Nola
- When Nola starts, the Phillies are 10-17-0 against the spread.
- The Phillies have a 12-10 record in Nola’s 22 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Nola’s team has won 12 of his 27 starts.
- Nola’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 14 of 27 contests.
Projected starter: Aníbal Sánchez
- Sánchez and his team are 6-4-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 5-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Sánchez’s team has a 5-5 record in his starts this season.
- Out of Sánchez’s 10 starts with a total this season, two have hit the over.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Rhys Hoskins has 27 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 65 walks while batting .250.
- Hoskins ranks 20th in home runs and 47th in RBI among all batters in MLB action.
- Kyle Schwarber has hit 37 home runs with 79 RBI. Both pace his team.
- Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 23rd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Schwarber brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .271 with 23 doubles, five triples, 16 home runs and 38 walks.
- Alec Bohm is hitting .292 to pace his team.
- Bohm brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .368 with two doubles, a triple and three RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Cesar Hernandez has been key for Washington with 129 hits, an OBP of .314 plus a slugging percentage of .324.
- Hernandez’s home run total ranks 394th in the big leagues, and he is 225th in RBI.
- Lane Thomas is batting .253 to lead Washington, while adding 15 homers and 49 runs batted in this season.
- Thomas is 89th in homers and 123rd in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Thomas takes an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .364 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, six walks and seven RBI.
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in RBI with 64 while batting .238 with 10 home runs.
- Cruz brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with two walks.
- Luke Voit’s 19 home runs are most among Washington batters. He’s driven in 60 runs this season while slugging .413.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.