The Auburn Tigers (2-0) will look to upset the No. 22 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The Nittany Lions are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3 points. The over/under is set at 48.5 in the outing.
Penn State vs. Auburn Predictions
Penn State vs. Auburn Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Penn State vs. Auburn Betting Trends
- Penn State has covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-0-0).
- The Nittany Lions are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Games involving Penn State have hit the over twice this season.
- Penn State has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Penn State has played as a moneyline favorite of -156 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- Auburn is winless against the spread this year (0-2-0).
- Games involving Auburn has hit the over once this season.
- This is the first time Auburn will play as an underdog this season.
- Auburn has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +131 moneyline set for this game.
Penn State vs. Auburn: Over/Under Trends
- Together, the two teams combine for 73.5 points per game, 25 points more than the over/under of 48.5 for this matchup.
- The 36.5 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 12 fewer than the 48.5 total in this contest.
- The Nittany Lions have seen a 54 average over/under in their games this season, 5.5 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 1.5 points separates the average total points bet in Tigers’ games (50 points) and this contest’s over/under (48.5 points).
Penn State Players to Watch
- Sean Clifford leads Penn State with 495 passing yards (247.5 ypg) on 39-of-64 passing with five touchdowns compared to one interception this season. He also adds 25 rushing yards (12.5 ypg) on 13 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Nicholas Singleton has carried the ball 19 times for a team-high 201 yards (100.5 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Kaytron Allen has rushed for 54 yards (27 per game) on 14 carries, while also catching two passes for 31 yards (15.5 per game).
- Mitchell Tinsley’s 111 receiving yards (55.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 10 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Parker Washington has put together a 90-yard season so far (45 receiving yards per game), reeling in six passes.
- Brenton Strange’s three receptions have netted him 89 yards (44.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
Auburn Players to Watch
- The team’s top rusher, Tank Bigsby, has carried the ball 29 times for 198 yards (99 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He’s also caught five passes for 31 yards (15.5 per game).
- This season Robby Ashford has racked up 129 yards (64.5 per game) on 13 attempts.
- Ja’Varrius Johnson’s 158 receiving yards (79 yards per game) lead the team. He has seven receptions.
- John Samuel Shenker has grabbed five passes for 64 yards (32 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Shedrick Jackson’s five catches are good enough for 64 yards (32 ypg).
Where To Watch Penn State vs. Auburn
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.