Garrett Cooper is just three hits away from his 100th of the campaign as his Miami Marlins (57-81) face the New York Mets (88-52) on Sunday at 1:40 PM ET.
As the favorite, the Mets (-144 on the moneyline) visit the Marlins (+122). The Mets will start Taijuan Walker (10-4) against the Marlins and Jesus Luzardo (3-6). The matchup has an over/under of 7.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Marlins Predictions
Mets vs. Marlins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has a 5-4 record from the nine games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mets and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
- New York’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Miami has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- The Marlins and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Miami is 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mets vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Taijuan Walker
- When Walker starts, the Mets are 12-12-0 against the spread.
- The Mets are 8-6 in Walker’s 14 starts this season with New York as the moneyline favorite.
- Walker’s team is 12-12 in his 24 starts.
- Walker has started 25 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in nine of them.
Projected starter: Jesús Luzardo
- Luzardo and his team have a record of 6-7-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has won 25% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-6).
- Luzardo’s team has won three of his 13 starts this season.
- In games Luzardo has started this season, the teams are 3-10-0 at hitting the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets in home runs (33) and runs batted in (108).
- Alonso’s home runs rank sixth in MLB and he ranks fourth in RBI in MLB.
- Alonso has hit safely in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 21 doubles, four triples, 22 home runs and 56 walks while batting .268.
- Lindor ranks 39th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and eighth in RBI.
- Lindor has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .350 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .266 with 27 doubles, six triples, 13 home runs and 56 walks.
- Nimmo takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Jeff McNeil’s .318 batting average leads his team.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami with a batting average of .234. He’s also hit six home runs with 32 RBI.
- Rojas is 241st in homers and 225th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Rojas has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .385 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Cooper leads Miami in runs batted in (46) this season. He’s batting .261 while slugging .412.
- Cooper is 194th overall in homers and 140th in RBI this year.
- Cooper brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .474 with four doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Jon Berti has 69 hits this season and a slash line of .254/.342/.357.
- Joey Wendle is batting .255 with an OBP of .296 and a slugging percentage of .358 this season.
- Wendle enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .267 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.