The Maryland Terrapins (2-0) square off against the SMU Mustangs (2-0) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium. The Terrapins are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3 points. An over/under of 70 points has been set for the outing.
Maryland vs. SMU Predictions
Maryland vs. SMU Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Maryland vs. SMU Betting Trends
- Maryland has put together a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Terrapins have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Games involving Maryland have hit the over once this season.
- Maryland has been listed as the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Maryland has played as a moneyline favorite of -154 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- SMU has gone 1-1-0 against the spread this year.
- SMU games have yet to go over the total once this year.
- SMU will play as the underdog for the first time this season.
- SMU has played as an underdog of +130 or more once this season and won that game.
Maryland vs. SMU: Over/Under Trends
- The Terrapins average 43.5 points per game against the Mustangs’ 46.5, amounting to 20 points over the matchup’s total of 70.
- These two teams surrender a combined 28.5 points per game, 41.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Terrapins have seen a 65.3 average over/under in their games this season, 4.7 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.2 points more than the average over/under in Mustangs’ games this season (66.8 points).
Maryland Players to Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa has 681 passing yards (340.5 ypg) to lead Maryland, completing 78.5% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Roman Hemby’s team-high 143 rushing yards (71.5 per game) have come on 16 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Antwain Littleton has racked up 93 yards (46.5 per game) on seven attempts with three touchdowns.
- Jeshaun Jones’ 141 receiving yards (70.5 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 10 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Rakim Jarrett has collected 131 receiving yards (65.5 yards per game), reeling in nine passes this year.
- Jacob Copeland’s five catches are good enough for 116 yards (58 ypg) and two touchdowns.
SMU Players to Watch
- Tanner Mordecai leads SMU with 644 passing yards (322 ypg) on 41-of-63 passing with seven touchdowns compared to one interception this season.
- TJ McDaniel’s team-high 137 rushing yards (68.5 per game) have come on 19 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Velton Gardner has racked up 100 yards (50 per game) on 11 attempts.
- Rashee Rice’s 298 receiving yards (149 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 17 receptions and three touchdowns.
- Jordan Kerley has hauled in five passes for 111 yards (55.5 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Roderick Daniels Jr.’s two catches this season have resulted in 76 yards (38 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Maryland vs. SMU
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.