Freddie Freeman leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (95-43) into a matchup against Manny Machado and the San Diego Padres (77-63) at PETCO Park, on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. Freeman is at .326, the best average in the league, and Machado ranks 10th at .303.
The Padres play as a home underdog (+106) versus the Dodgers (-125). The Los Angeles Dodgers will give the start to Andrew Heaney (2-2, 2.94 ERA), who is looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Padres will counter with Joe Musgrove (9-6, 3.16 ERA). The game’s total is set at 7.5.
Dodgers vs. Padres Predictions
Dodgers vs. Padres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Dodgers vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles was the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and finished 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Dodgers combined with their opponents to go over the total nine times.
- Los Angeles has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- San Diego has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Padres and their opponents have combined to hit the over eight times.
- San Diego has a record of 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Dodgers vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Andrew Heaney
- The Dodgers are 7-4-0 against the spread when Heaney starts.
- The Dodgers are 8-2 in Heaney’s 10 starts this season with Los Angeles as the moneyline favorite.
- Heaney’s team is 8-3 in his 11 starts.
- Heaney has had 11 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and eight of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- Musgrove’s team is 12-13-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, San Diego has a record of 3-2 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Musgrove’s team has won 17 of his 25 starts this season.
- Games started by Musgrove have a 15-10-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Freeman leads the Dodgers with a .326 batting average.
- Freeman’s home runs rank 52nd in MLB and he ranks 10th in RBI in MLB.
- Freeman takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .526 with two doubles, three home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Mookie Betts has hit 33 home runs to pace his team.
- Betts ranks sixth in home runs among hitters in MLB action and 32nd in RBI.
- Trea Turner has racked up a team-high 94 runs batted in.
- Turner has hit safely in eight straight games. In his last 10 games he is batting .233 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, three walks and eight RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .263 with 24 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 51 walks.
- Smith has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Machado leads San Diego in batting average (.303), home runs (28) and runs batted in (90) this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Machado ranks 13th in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- Machado has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Juan Soto is batting .241 with an OBP of .403 and a slugging percentage of .454 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Soto is 29th in home runs and 102nd in RBI.
- Josh Bell has 139 hits this season and a slash line of .279/.371/.450.
- Bell takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is batting .256 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 119 hits and an OBP of .336 to go with a slugging percentage of .397 this season.
Where To Watch Dodgers vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.