The Detroit Tigers (53-85) will try to sweep the Kansas City Royals (56-83) at Kauffman Stadium on Sunday, at 2:10 PM ET.
The Royals are favored (-151 on the moneyline) when they square off against the Tigers (+129). The Kansas City Royals will give the start to Brady Singer (7-4, 3.38 ERA), who is looking for win No. 8 on the season, and the Tigers will turn to Tyler Alexander (3-9, 5.23 ERA). The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
Royals vs. Tigers Predictions
Royals vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Royals vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Kansas City was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just two times, and it lost both games.
- In their last 10 outings, the Royals and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Kansas City is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Detroit has a record of 3-4.
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Detroit has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Royals vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Brady Singer
- The Royals have gone 15-7-0 ATS in Singer’s 22 starts that had a set spread.
- The Royals have a 3-3 record in Singer’s six starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Singer’s team has won 12 of his 20 starts.
- Singer has had 22 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and eight of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Tyler Alexander
- Alexander and his team are 2-10-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 1-10.
- Alexander’s team has won one of his 12 starts this season.
- In Alexander’s 12 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. paces the Royals with 20 home runs and 71 runs batted in, while racking up a team-best batting average of .247.
- Among all batters in MLB play, Witt Jr.’s home run total ranks 49th and his RBI tally ranks 38th.
- Witt Jr. enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .167 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
- Salvador Perez has hit 20 home runs to lead his team.
- Perez ranks 49th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 47th in RBI.
- Perez brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .368 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
- MJ Melendez has 16 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 55 walks while hitting .219.
- Nicky Lopez is batting .240 with 12 doubles, four triples and 28 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in batting average (.233) and runs batted in (55) this season while also slugging 12 homers.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Baez’s home run total is 129th, and his RBI total is 86th.
- Baez takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a double, a triple, a walk and six RBI.
- Harold Castro has 100 hits and an OBP of .307 to go with a slugging percentage of .390 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Castro ranks 241st in home runs and 173rd in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario’s 13 home runs lead all Detroit hitters, and he’s slugging .357.
- Willi Castro has collected 81 hits this season and has an OBP of .285. He’s slugging .356 on the year.
- Willi Castro has safely hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with a double and two RBI.
Where To Watch Royals vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.