Christian Vazquez will try to get his 100th hit of the year (he has 99) when the Houston Astros (89-50) square off against the Los Angeles Angels (61-78) at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
The Angels are an away underdog (+199) at the Astros (-244). The scheduled starters are Luis Garcia (11-8) for the Houston Astros, and Tucker Davidson (2-5) for the Los Angeles Angels. The game’s total is set at 8.
Astros vs. Angels Predictions
Astros vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 7-2 record from the nine games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Astros combined with their opponents to go over the run total two times.
- Houston’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- Los Angeles has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Astros vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Garcia
- The Astros have a 13-12-0 record against the spread in Garcia’s starts.
- The Astros are 14-7 in Garcia’s 21 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Garcia’s team has a 15-9 record in his 24 starts.
- Garcia has had 25 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 11 of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Tucker Davidson
- When Davidson starts, his team is 4-4-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has won 42.9% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (3-4).
- Davidson’s team is 3-5 when he starts this season.
- Out of Davidson’s eight starts with a total this season, four have hit the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman has 35 doubles, 20 home runs and 78 walks while hitting .266.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Bregman’s home run total ranks 49th and his RBI tally ranks 26th.
- Yordan Alvarez’s 31 home runs and .290 batting average both lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Alvarez ranks 10th in home runs and 17th in RBI.
- Alvarez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with three doubles and three walks.
- Jose Altuve has 33 doubles, 24 home runs and 57 walks while hitting .284.
- Kyle Tucker has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 88 runs batted in.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .265 for Los Angeles with a team-high 86 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Ohtani ranks sixth in home runs and 15th in RBI.
- Mike Trout leads Los Angeles in home runs with 34 while driving in 67 runs and slugging .629.
- Trout currently is fifth in home runs and 47th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Trout brings a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .325 with two doubles, six home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .266 to lead Los Angeles, while adding 18 homers and 51 runs batted in this season.
- Ward has safely hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .444 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 107 hits and an OBP of .304 to go with a slugging percentage of .430 this season.
- Rengifo has safely hit in seven games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .325 with a double, a triple, a walk and an RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.