The Cleveland Guardians (73-65) and Los Angeles Angels (61-79) square off in the first of a three-game series on Monday at Progressive Field, at 6:10 PM ET. The Guardians are coming off a series victory over the Twins, and the Angels a series loss to the Astros.
The Guardians are favored (-140 on the moneyline) when they host the Angels (+119). The starting pitchers are Konnor Pilkington (1-2) for the Cleveland Guardians, and Reid Detmers (5-5) for the Los Angeles Angels. The contest has an over/under of 8.
Guardians vs. Angels Predictions
Guardians vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Guardians vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cleveland was the moneyline favorite in six of its last 10 games, and went 4-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Guardians and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
- Cleveland’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In six games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Los Angeles has a record of 2-4.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Angels and their opponents are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Los Angeles has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Guardians vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Konnor Pilkington
- The Guardians have a 6-3-0 record against the spread in Pilkington’s starts.
- The Guardians have a 2-1 record in Pilkington’s three starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Pilkington’s team is 4-5 in his nine starts.
- Pilkington has had nine starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and one of those games hit the over.
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- Detmers and his team are 12-9-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (6-6).
- In games Detmers has started, his team is 8-13.
- In games Detmers has started this season, the teams are 10-9-2 at hitting the over.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez leads the Guardians with 26 home runs and 109 runs batted in.
- Among batters in MLB play, Ramirez ranks 24th in homers and second in RBI.
- Ramirez has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan has 21 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 55 walks while hitting .291.
- Kwan currently ranks 296th in homers and 188th in RBI in the majors.
- Amed Rosario has 22 doubles, seven triples, nine home runs and 23 walks while hitting .275.
- Andres Gimenez’s .299 batting average is a team-high mark.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .266 with 34 home runs and 88 RBI. All three of those stats rank first among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Ohtani is fifth in homers and 15th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Mike Trout’s 34 home runs are most among Los Angeles batters. He’s driven in 67 runs this season while slugging .629.
- Trout ranks fifth overall in home runs and 48th in RBI this year.
- Trout has safely hit in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .325 with two doubles, six home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles with a .266 batting average while slugging 18 homers and driving in 51 runs.
- Ward takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .343 with a double, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has collected 108 hits this season and has an OBP of .303. He’s slugging .430 on the year.
- Rengifo heads into this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .325 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and an RBI.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.