The St. Louis Cardinals (81-58) will look to Tommy Edman, currently on a 12-game hitting streak, versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (51-86) at 7:35 PM ET on Saturday, at PNC Park.
The Pirates are an underdog at home (+171) against the Cardinals (-204). The Cardinals will give the ball to Jack Flaherty (0-1) against the Pirates and JT Brubaker (3-11). The over/under in the game is 7.5 total runs.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Predictions
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis has a 6-4 record from the 10 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
- St. Louis’ ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-7 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents are 4-6-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Pittsburgh is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jack Flaherty
- When Flaherty starts, the Cardinals are 1-3-0 against the spread.
- The Cardinals are 1-3 in Flaherty’s four starts this season with St. Louis as the moneyline favorite.
- Flaherty’s team has a 1-3 record in his starts this season.
- Flaherty’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of four games.
Projected starter: JT Brubaker
- Brubaker’s team is 12-13-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Pittsburgh has a record of 5-15 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Brubaker’s team has won eight of his 25 starts this season.
- In games Brubaker has started this season, the teams are 13-12-0 at hitting the over.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals in home runs (35), runs batted in (109) and has a team-high batting average of .327.
- Goldschmidt’s home runs rank third in MLB and he ranks second in RBI in MLB.
- Goldschmidt has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .299 with 37 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 44 walks.
- Arenado currently ranks 13th in homers and seventh in RBI in the majors.
- Edman is batting .267 with 28 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 40 walks.
- Edman has safely hit in 12 games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .421 with five doubles, three home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .292 with 18 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 46 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.256), home runs (21) and runs batted in (50) this season.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 41st in MLB, and he is 115th in RBI.
- Reynolds takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .243 with an OBP of .312 and a slugging percentage of .345 this season.
- Hayes ranks 240th among batters in the big leagues in homers, and 202nd in RBI.
- Ben Gamel has collected 77 base hits, an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .377 this season.
- Michael Chavis is batting .238 with an OBP of .268 and a slugging percentage of .412 this season.
- Chavis enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a double, a triple and three RBI.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.