The San Francisco Giants (65-73) will look to stop a five-game losing streak when visiting the Chicago Cubs (58-80) at 2:20 PM ET on Saturday.
An expected close contest pits the Giants (-117 moneyline odds to win) against the Cubs (-102). The San Francisco Giants will hand the ball to Logan Webb (12-8, 3.21 ERA), who is looking for win No. 13 on the season, and the Cubs will counter with Marcus Stroman (3-6, 3.73 ERA).
Giants vs. Cubs Predictions
Giants vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Giants vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco was the moneyline favorite in three of its last 10 games, and finished 2-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
- San Francisco’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Over its last 10 games, Chicago is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Giants vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Logan Webb
- The Giants are 15-13-0 ATS in Webb’s 28 starts that had a set spread.
- The Giants are 14-6 in Webb’s 20 starts this season with San Francisco as the moneyline favorite.
- Webb’s team has a 15-13 record in his starts this season.
- Webb has had 29 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 15 of those outings.
Projected starter: Marcus Stroman
- Stroman’s team is 11-10-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has been victorious in 31.2% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-11.
- Stroman’s team has a 5-15 record in his starts this season.
- Out of Stroman’s 21 starts with a total this season, 11 have hit the over.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores leads the Giants with 63 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB, Flores ranks 65th in homers and 60th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has a club-leading .257 batting average.
- Estrada ranks 127th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 94th in RBI.
- Joc Pederson has put up a team-high 22 home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .210 with 26 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 56 walks.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 64 while batting .272.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Happ ranks 73rd in home runs and 52nd in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner’s batting average of .288 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Hoerner currently ranks 176th in home runs and 122nd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Hoerner has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .412 with a double, two triples, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Seiya Suzuki has collected 93 base hits, an OBP of .336 and a slugging percentage of .433 this season.
- Suzuki takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Christopher Morel has 80 hits and an OBP of .312 to go with a slugging percentage of .440 this season.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.