Alex Call carries a two-game homer streak into the Washington Nationals’ (49-90) game against the Philadelphia Phillies (76-62) at 6:05 PM ET on Saturday, at Citizens Bank Park.
The Phillies are favored at home (-250) against the Nationals (+204). The Phillies will start Ranger Suarez (8-5) versus the Nationals and Erick Fedde (6-9). The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
Phillies vs. Nationals Predictions
Phillies vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia was favored on the moneyline for eight of its last 10 games, and went 4-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
- Philadelphia has put together a 2-8-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 5-4 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Washington is 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Phillies vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Ranger Suárez
- When Suarez starts, the Phillies are 12-12-0 against the spread.
- The Phillies have an 8-5 record in Suarez’s 13 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Suarez’s team has won 15 of his 24 starts.
- Suarez’s starts went over the run total 15 times in 24 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Erick Fedde
- Fedde and his team have a record of 13-9-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 10-10.
- Fedde’s team is 11-11 when he starts this season.
- In Fedde’s 22 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 11 times.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Rhys Hoskins has 27 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 65 walks while batting .252.
- Among all batters in MLB action, Hoskins’ home run total ranks 17th and his RBI tally ranks 45th.
- Hoskins heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has hit 36 home runs with 78 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Schwarber ranks second in homers and 25th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- J.T. Realmuto is hitting .271 with 23 doubles, five triples, 16 home runs and 38 walks.
- Alec Bohm has a club-best .292 batting average.
- Bohm heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .368 with two doubles, a triple and three RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Cesar Hernandez leads Washington with a .252 batting average.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Hernandez is 393rd in homers and 224th in RBI.
- Hernandez has hit safely in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .324 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, six walks and six RBI.
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in runs batted in (64) this season. He’s batting .238 while slugging .343.
- Cruz currently is 163rd in homers and 52nd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Cruz enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with three walks and an RBI.
- Lane Thomas is slashing .249/.305/.420 this season for the Nationals.
- Thomas brings a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .310 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, seven walks and five RBI.
- Luke Voit’s 19 home runs are most among Washington batters. He’s driven in 60 runs this season while slugging .415.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.